Back to stock

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

I'm back to stock rims :crybaby . The Saw Mill River Parkway got me good. Bent one rim, tore the side wall on two wheels. Never before. What pissed me off even more, the very next day they repaired that hole...it was a good 15 foot crevice between the lanes. This is my second set of rims for this car (First set I simply decided to change). Funny thing on at least six different occasions I contemplated throwing the stocks out, even transported them between three different places over the years, good thing I live with a mentality of worse case scenarios.

steve_c
Car: 06 M35x

I find the Saw Mill River Pkwy to be a very challenging, more so than other roadways like the Bronx or Sprain Pkwy's and Hutchinson in inclement weather regardless if in you are in a car or on a motorcycle!
A real man's road!

I was at an Acura dealer off the SMRP yesterday, they have a nice 2018 leftover RLX AWD on the showroom floor.

I fell in love with it until I saw the 19" upgraded wheel package. My buddy commented, hate to hit a pot hole with that combo!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

If you carry full coverage insurance, they should cover this sort of thing, less your deductible. Since we all carry mobile phones, it's easy to take photos to back up the claim. A police report, if they do one, would also help. When I upgraded from the stock 18s to Q50 Red 19s, I made sure I added 255/40s so I still have a relatively good size sidewalls. When I see people lowering their suspension and changing to 30s or even 35s, I kinda cringe because it's I know it's just a matter of time until the right pothole finds that car. So sorry that this happened , mate!

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

be honest, you were a "little" excited around them corners weren't you? :)

sawmill, hutch, merrit are widow makers to these low profie big wheels. but they do have some good curves in them road. regarding insurance , i say skip. you're end up paying for them with a claim record. recently an a$$hat hit me and disappear, can i claim, sure but decided not too.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

cruzad3r wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:07 pm
be honest, you were a "little" excited around them corners weren't you? :)

sawmill, hutch, merrit are widow makers to these low profie big wheels. but they do have some good curves in them road. regarding insurance , i say skip. you're end up paying for them with a claim record. recently an a$$hat hit me and disappear, can i claim, sure but decided not too.
Maybe it depends on which insurance company you use? Over a year ago, I rear-ended a bloody HUGE Toyota land cruiser thingy. The Toyota required a bumper 'repair and paint" - My Geico policy paid for that as well as that driver's medical bills for ER and physical therapy.
My car required a new bumper, new headlamp unit, new grill, hood adjustment to re-center it, new radiator support, and other incidentals that cost Geico about $5,000. Geico has renewed my policy twice since then (every 6 months). After my accident, it renewed in July 2018 and the 6-month premium was the same rate. It just renewed again in Jan this year and my six month premium increased by $18 more than the previous 6-month premium.

cruzad3r

i too have Geico and maybe geo-location plays into this whole premium thing. My experience is that once you have a claim on your record, it's pretty hard to get a discounted rate even if you jump from one company to the next.

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Lol, I can't lie I love flying down the saw mill when nobody is around, the corners and curves are perfect. One of the most enjoyable roads in ny....especially between Yonkers and exit 27...the FDR from the BK bridge to the Bronx is another good run. But this time I really wasn't flying, just hit it at the perfect angle.

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

this post brings back memories of my younger self and my lowered gen2 integra hitting a pothole in Brooklyn and almost losing my exhaust. then in 2011 driving my lowered M to NY and cracking a rim hitting what looked like a opening into another dimension, and then the week I got back to Atlanta my radiator blowing from sitting in traffic with the air on high. Now I drive my F150 with 33 inch tires and I still have to slow down on some potholes, I don't know how I did it all those years in the summertime.

cruzad3r

i ddn't know so many folks are in the tri-states area. hopefully i don't have to travel too much for work and maybe we can find a place to meet up. BS about cars over some good food is always a good thing.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”