Back (tail) lights off

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
calgaryx
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015

Hello...I need some help please.
I have Nissan Rogue 2015 with remote starter. When I bought a car remote starter was installed by dealer.
Recently I noticed when I start car using remote starter front lights will turn on but back (tail) lights stay off.

I like to have light remaining on as well so that I can get a confirmation that it is running from far away.
Many time I remote start my car, and I have no idea if it is running. Many time It did not run when I get close to it.

Here is more info.
If headlights is in this position (off) when I start car using remote starter front lights will turn on but back (tail) lights stay off.

If headlights is in this position (on) when i start car using remote starter front and back lights will turn on.

Thank you.

kheller2
Car: 2019 Rogue SL

This sounds like your DRL (Daytime Running Lights) and not your headlights. DRLs should always light up when the car is started. If you then turn your headlights on (not auto) additional headlights should turn on. Please confirm this. Also please confirm that your setting the headlight position to "on" and not "auto". In the "on" mode both front and rear taillights should light up -- or do they not at all?

Given that this is a dealer installed option, it could be wired several different ways. I'm guessing they didn't provide you with the installation guide.

Karl

calgaryx
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015

Thanks for you replay. I will check and let you know.

Return to “Rogue Forum”