Back in the Nissan family...

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
MiniMan

Just thought I'd chime in with all of the old Q45 guys.

I am once again back in the Nissan family... though it's not with a Nissan President as I had originally planned. As of this morning I am the proud owner of a 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R (BNR32). The car is heavily modified; upgraded turbos, large FMIC, full exhaust, intake, fuel mods, 320km/h speedo, aftermarket gauges, turbo timer, aftermarket radiator, NISMO trim, upgraded brakes, tonnes of suspension mods, etc.

53,000kms (33k miles) on the clock and she shows it. Everything is in good shape (besides a missing piece of the NISMO trim by the rear right wheel). I bought it as-is with a lumpy idle and it stalling. As well, the battery wasn't keeping a charge... replaced the battery and now she idles smooth as a babies bottom! Mechanically immaculate... I'm stoked!

BTW, everyone update me on their Q situation when you post up!

Corey

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Very nice. R32 is one of Nissan's best bodystyles. And 33k...wow. I like the color a lot--it's actually one of the colors I'm considering for when I repaint my car.

You might want to link over to the Q forums...Not sure how many actually venture out of there.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

congrats, when are you going to do the SR swap?

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

yo, MiniMan, did you order it off of a site or did a company locate it for you? I'm trying to find some cheaper Nisans lol

MiniMan

PantherRacer: I actually have a broker in Japan who has access to the wholesale auctions there. In turn I am registered with them as well and can search for cars to buy at these massive auctions.

Corey

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

Perfect, so I can hit you up when I get enough money?I'll be looking for a Skyline GTS-T(RB20)or a S13/S14 Silvia

If you actually find a U13 Bluebird SSS Attessa Ltd. You will be my IDOL mmmmmm 4wd turbo

MiniMan

PantherRacer, I most definitely can hook you up. All I need to know is the final destination port, then you'd take care of the importing (provided the car is legal). In the Bahamas, how old must the cars be to qualify for legal importation?

I do see a couple HU13s and HNU13s with a 2L in them... (EU13s appear to be solely 1.8L) but no clue if they're the SSS Attesa model. They appear to be SR20DEs, but no way I can tell if they're the SR20DET with Attesa. Appearance wise, how can you tell?

Corey

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

MiniMan wrote:PantherRacer, I most definitely can hook you up. All I need to know is the final destination port, then you'd take care of the importing (provided the car is legal). In the Bahamas, how old must the cars be to qualify for legal importation?

I do see a couple HU13s and HNU13s with a 2L in them... (EU13s appear to be solely 1.8L) but no clue if they're the SSS Attesa model. They appear to be SR20DEs, but no way I can tell if they're the SR20DET with Attesa. Appearance wise, how can you tell?

Corey
Bahamas are like loose women, you can get anything in there

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Panther...as far as i know, the U13 SSS didnt have the det....in fact, i dont think any of the blubird lines had the turbo...i could be wrong, but I have never seen a turbo B'bird. I see the SSS Ltd's a lot, but there is nothing that says turbo anwhere on them, but that doesnt say anything.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

C33LaurelRacer wrote:Panther...as far as i know, the U13 SSS didnt have the det....in fact, i dont think any of the blubird lines had the turbo...i could be wrong, but I have never seen a turbo B'bird. I see the SSS Ltd's a lot, but there is nothing that says turbo anwhere on them, but that doesnt say anything.
Well Neal, you *are* wrong

The bluebird SSS is one of the most popular SR20DET's to swap into a Sentra because they are pretty cheap.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”