Back from the dead.

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
murderrsirenss
Car: 92 s13 vert.

Hey guys! Long time no see. I have been a member on here forever from all of my previous s13 days, then kinda left "the game." Recently I picked up another s13 convertible so I decided to make a more than likely a slower, but hopefully entertaining build thread for those who care.

Back in the day I had multiple s13 and a few VWs kinda fell off with the s13 world from it getting a little ridiculous and just entertaining myself with some the vw projects I had. Recently a shared a "on this day" throwback picture of my first white s13 convertible from 2010

said vert:

A buddy of mine ended up seeing it and told me about a white vert shell he had that was taking up space in his shop and he needed to get rid of and would cut me a deal on, so of course I couldnt pass it up. Along with all the peer pressure from all my buddies I went over 2 days later and got to work.

The shell was pretty much bare with few parts on it and absolutely no suspension. Luckily he'd collected some parts to start making it a roller and had left overs from his s13 coupe. He was nice enough to work out a deal with me and let me use his shop/lift/tools to get put the car together good enough. So $100 later, some shop hangs and some work I had my vert ready to go.

Go her home, went through it to see what was all piled inside, and start making a list of things I needed to get the build started after getting a few more parts I had been saving for for my daily and finish up the oh so dreadful christmas shopping. :facepalm: :facepalm:

murderrsirenss

Went through the car to realize all that was there that was useless were some rear seats, steering column, dash, and center console. So the list grew..and grew...and grew..

So after the holidays I finally got my wheels in for my daily, which I ended up hating :mad: so I just set that to the side to use on the convertible to make me not really feel like I wasted money.

Decided to just stick to the rotiforms I have on there now.

After a few phone calls from some older s13 buddies I started sourcing some parts. First things first was the motor, obviously. A long time friend had purchased a coupe from his buddy that had a rebuilt KA in it with BC cams and some other goodies that he had end up pulling and left sitting for a while. Told me that if I came and got it out of his way the motor was mine for $50 So of course that instantly decided that was too good to pass up. Ended up going to scoop the motor and a KA-T manifold along with it.

Go the KA home and started tearing it down for a rebuild. Ended up not being as bad off as I expected, so that was good news.

Ft guard dog scared of rain :facepalm:

So now that the motor was apart, it was time to start ordering fresh parts so I could get it to the machine shop.

murderrsirenss

In the mean time, I continued collecting parts. Ended up getting a apexi exhaust from a friend who no longer had use for it.

Decided to go ahead and tub my fenders while everything was out instead of plugging all the holes. Figured it could give me more room if I ever needed it and to help clean up the bay before I threw a new coat of paint on it..so cutting began.

ft victory beer

So now im off to airgas for some gas for my welder to get this bay ready while I wait for parts to arrive! :woot:

Topless_S13
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible

I'm interested to see how this turns out! Good luck with the build man!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Hey, man. Congrats.

murderrsirenss

Topless_S13 wrote:I'm interested to see how this turns out! Good luck with the build man!
Thanks man! I'll have some updates tomorrow!

murderrsirenss

biggie wrote:Hey, man. Congrats.

Hey dude, how you been? Me and Ej were talking about you the other night when he bought a subframe from you. Thanks, btw!

biggie

murderrsirenss wrote:
biggie wrote:Hey, man. Congrats.

Hey dude, how you been? Me and Ej were talking about you the other night when he bought a subframe from you. Thanks, btw!
Busy, wife/kids/etc. Hope to see the car around sometime. Haven't been to many car things lately. Hopefully make some of the Winston Cars and Coffee when it starts up again.

murderrsirenss

biggie wrote:
Busy, wife/kids/etc. Hope to see the car around sometime. Haven't been to many car things lately. Hopefully make some of the Winston Cars and Coffee when it starts up again.

I know how that goes man, the good ole american dream. I'll hope have her running by summer time and start making it pretty.

murderrsirenss

So I got back to work after a few days off from the cold. Got some new pistons in for the motor, now just waiting on valves and things so I can drop it off at the machine shop.

Started messing with my roof some and found out how bad the frame actually was and noticed it was broken in a few places..so with that being said I decided to unbolt it and cover the hole with some sheet metal and stay topless for awhile considering its not my daily and IMO it just looks way, way better without it.

Definitely want to go for a look like this..

IMO its more simple and just looks cleaner in general. Im hoping to make me a bikini top that I could fold up in the trunk for rain emergencies when it comes out on the weekends.

murderrsirenss

Been busy the past few weeks, but of course. Got some work done inbetween.

My roomie scooped up some coupe doors for the low low and only needed the drivers, so he gave me the passenger door for stripping the rattle can off of them and getting them paint ready.

I ended up dropping my manifold off a few weeks ago to get ceramic coated, so I scooped that up last night along with a BNIB AEM fuel rail for a steal...so that was awesome.

Also ordered me some new connecting rods, valves, springs, and valve seals last night so the motor will finally be making its way to the machine shop soon! Now to finish, and paint the engine bay.

murderrsirenss

so close to victory!

biggie

Hey, what you doing for front end, silvia by chance? I'm going to sell my OEM Silvia Aero bumper, thought I'd see if you were interested before I posted it.

later

murderrsirenss

biggie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 am
Hey, what you doing for front end, silvia by chance? I'm going to sell my OEM Silvia Aero bumper, thought I'd see if you were interested before I posted it.

later
Sorry, im super late. Im staying popup!

biggie

murderrsirenss wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm
biggie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 am

later
Sorry, im super late. Im staying popup!
It was sold a while ago. Probably putting my S13 Coupe up for sale soon.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”