back firing

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
pulsar gtr
Car: NISSAN VEHICLES

Since I installed my ca18det, using JWT ecu,z32 MAF,z32 fuel pump, The car only back fires when and I am at highway speed and let go off the gas. The car runs great, no hesitation, I got lots of power. I am using Bosch +4 plugs, replaced the coils, the CAS, and power trans. module, and it still doing it. I have 2.5 inch exhaust all they way back. I also replaced th ecu , the car is running rich on gas all the time, but when the car is idealing , you can hear one miss fire every 10-15sec, It can't be the coils, I replaced them twice. I was talking with JWT, and they said they don't recomend +4 plugs, what kind of plugs are you guys running, any suggestions will be appricated.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

NGK BCP7-ES11 is the best sparkplug out there for the CA or SR or Turbo KA IMHO. They have to be special ordered and the only place around here that can get them under a week is NAPA.

It sounds like your BOV might be leaking a little bit? Are you running an open or recurculating valve. Also have you checked for intake leaks? Those would also cause it to run rather rich.

vividance

pulsar gtr wrote:Since I installed my ca18det, using JWT ecu,z32 MAF,z32 fuel pump, The car only back fires when and I am at highway speed and let go off the gas. The car runs great, no hesitation, I got lots of power. I am using Bosch +4 plugs, replaced the coils, the CAS, and power trans. module, and it still doing it. I have 2.5 inch exhaust all they way back. I also replaced th ecu , the car is running rich on gas all the time, but when the car is idealing , you can hear one miss fire every 10-15sec, It can't be the coils, I replaced them twice. I was talking with JWT, and they said they don't recomend +4 plugs, what kind of plugs are you guys running, any suggestions will be appricated.

change to a new fuel presurre regulator. or an adjustible one , set it to 2.5bar, aircon off. 2.5bar should be register after driving around for 10 mins.

stock presurre is 2 bar.

Bizz

How would upping the fuel pressure result in a leaner mix?

vividance

Bizz wrote:How would upping the fuel pressure result in a leaner mix?

increasing fuel pressure will not lean the mixture. but then it may in closed loop operation.

Having a knacked fuel regulator will coz the idling to "pop, pop" at idle. At least that's what I think.

I was having stock regulator and having the same issue of exhaust popping at idle every few moment.

After changeing to an adjustible fuel regulator, the problem is gone.

Bizz

Oh I see. Yeah a fuxored fpr could cause a super rich conditon.

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

Don't use the BOSCH+4 plugs on the CA because they suck! Been there and done that!

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”