B4 i spend $250. witch is better?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
chris1212
Car: 1996 240sx

Well im about to purchase a bov. I need one that suitable for 350you to 500hp. Witch one do you guys think would be best with enthalpy tune and maf? Recirculate Or non?

GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

Your question is very vague, and bov's are not selected based on HP, but boost rather.

For boost under 25 psi, I highly recommend a factory Evo IX bov, it's a recirc valve that drives great and holds a decent amount of boost. You can find them new around 120-150, or used under 100. Great valve (all metal too, Evo8 is plastic and sucks.)

Higher boost i'd say the Synchronic recirc valve. They have to be fine tuned to your setup, but they will help you out and answer all your questions, and those valves are rated for around 60 psi. They cost 250+ new.

Stay with a recirc if you want to keep driveability the best. A VTA bov is easier to plumb, but can stall coming to a stop and will cause a rich condition between shifts. I'm sure new tuning can alleviate this, but a MAF car is designed to meter ALL airflow, and bypassing it will always have some issues that come with it.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Turboxs Bypass Valve. Non recirc only work with a blow-thru maf setup. Blow-thru places your MAF on the cold pipe between the intercooler and throttle body and the bypass valve on the hot pipe.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/txs-r ... plications

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

Get a DSM/RB20/25 recirc valve and route a really long big hose from it in a circle or what ever. Like 4ft of 1inch heater hose back to pre maf! You get a little noise pshh from it running thorugh the hose but no stumble stall backfire runlike poop. Plus it keeps ur turbo a bit more spooled between shifts! I did it by accident due to recirc valve location and it sounded perfect! Not loud enough to scare babies but enough to wisper "im boosted".

I believe you crush the top of them to hold more boost. Surf mitubishi forums for more info. .

dohmann777
Car: 97 gsx

20 psi first gen eclipse laser talon bov crushed only 1st Gen 2nd gen sucks made with plastic parts just an FYI hope it helps these 1st gen bov can be found for around 50 bucks on dsmtuners.com

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

i run a blow throu set up and vent to atmosphere..i chose the (Turbosmart) race port BOV for 3 reasons.
#1. Upgrade ability, if i went with a larger turbo. i would all ready have the bov i needed.
#2. function, the function of the BOV is to release the back pressure that builds when you close the throttle plate so it doesnot stall the turbo from spinning.
#3. ease of install, its super easy to install as its V-band and easy to install new springs even when mounted..

the venting the BOV does is instant!..you dont get a nice chierp sound like others with the whistlers..you get a serious whooosh sound..and its loud, depending on your boost level..but most importantly..it does exactly what it is made for, thats all that counts.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”