b16 struts question - manual vs automatic transmission?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
rhetoric

Hi -- back on the forum (I had a 99 Infiniti a few years ago) with an 09 Sentra with the 6 speed manual. The struts and shocks (and bushings) are massively fried (it feels like I'm driving a boat without a rudder!). Really floats! It's a the base model with the 2.0.

Are the struts and shocks interchangeable between manuals and CVTs?? Some online stores seem to list all the struts/shocks they sell for an automatic, but other cites don't even specify any transmission at all. I can't imagine what would be different, but I don't want to get the wrong thing!

I'm not looking for anything fancy or high performance, and, as I said -- it's the base model.

Thanks!

(Bought the 09 w/ 148K for $2100 -- not too shabby! I'd post a picture but my phone ist kaput.)

rhetoric

Well, as is typically the case with the various fori, I pose a question that is completely uninteresting to the entire globe, so eventually,nd I answer it. So in case there's another schmuck like me, here's the answer.

The struts for the base Sentra, automatic or manual, are the same.

I'm welcome.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”