b13 SE-R Sr20det bluebird U12 swap

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Jesse J
Car: 89 240sx rb20det t3/t04b

I am picking up a b13 sentra SE-R and I have a few clarification questions about the swap itself and the SE-R transmission.

1. Am I going to use the sr20de engine harness, lower harness, mounts, clutch bracket, ecu, starter, alternator, MAF, 02 sensor, TPS, AAC, and IACV. Transfer them to the sr20det. Are there any other sensors I need from the sr20de? 2. Where should I weld the SE-R tranny to ensure that it won't crack or break? I have heard that the transmission should be welded for strength but I have searched and found nothing about it specifically.

3. Do I need a new radiator or is the sr20de one sufficient?

4. Do i need to notch the sr20det block to clear the crossmember or is this only for the ga16 models?

5. Am I missing anything?

I appreciate any help that I can get.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

1. you need to also switch over the temp sensor from the de to the det. you can use the stock ecu, but the car wont run properly unless there is some type of piggy back managment.

2. welding the tranny isn't necessary, but if you want to, the webbed area around the driver side axle is the area that needs welded. you can also put some jb weld in the web area.

3. the se-r radiator is sufficent for now or get one from a nx2000, they are 2 row radiators.

4. yes you will have to notch out the block to clear the cross member. very small area, will only take a few minutes with grinding wheels.

Things I would consider.

Upgraded motor mounts or at least the energy suspension inserts.Investing in a calum basic ecu or even better a real time ecu from calum.Running redline shockproof gear oil, heavy weight.Running Mobil 1 synthetic 15w-50 motor oil.Running water wetter mixture in the coolant.You will also need a downpipe, exhaust and intercooler, unless you plan on using the top mount cooler.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”