Axle Noise in Leaf

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
GreggS
Car: Leaf

I have an two year old Leaf that has had a low volume clunking in the front axles when decelerating or accelerating. The mechanic at the dealer insist taht it is a common thing in Leafs and is nothing to worry about. Not other Leaf owner I have talked to has this noise. Does anyone know anything about this?

jimb1125
Car: '86 Z31 turbo

I have exactly the same thing on my '13 Leaf S. The car has about 34k miles on it. I've been hearing this for almost the entire time I have had the car, but I haven't been concerned about it enough to investigate. Did you dealer discuss repair options?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

On a normal car that is very often a trans mount issue and look close at whatever would serve as that on those cars. The clunk is usually a sound due to forward or reverse rocking to clunk a loose mount at the roll restrictor there.

classic_swinger
Car: 2015 Nissan Leaf

My 2015 getting close to 58,000 miles on the OD today on the right side has a flat tire sound as it hits a certain area of the circumference of the tire area. Now I enjoy this car it is quick and handles curves very excellent so yeah, I have raced it quite a bit in fast take offs. So has anybody started to hear this low flop flop noise which is not load but makes you think the tire is flat.

Return to “Leaf Forum”