AWD Problems

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
caliboyatcu

I have a 06 FX35 AWD. I live in Colorado and last winter, i was sliding all over the place. Does the AWD system suck in the Infiniti or is it the low profile tires or BOTH? Has anyone else had any problems in the snow??

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

caliboyatcu wrote:I have a 06 FX35 AWD. I live in Colorado and last winter, i was sliding all over the place. Does the AWD system suck in the Infiniti or is it the low profile tires or BOTH? Has anyone else had any problems in the snow??
First off, welcome to NICOclub! It is a pleasure having you here in the FX Forum!

The AWD system actually works very well in the snow, I had the same system on my G35x. It must be your tires. If you have summer tires that would totally be the problem. The other thing is if the tires are the original tires, they MAY need to be replaced. Check the rating, see if they are summer tires or all seasons.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Winter tires in snow country like CO are a just if you want traction. Summer and the euphemistcally named "all season" don't cut it.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

maxnix wrote:Winter tires in snow country like CO are a just if you want traction. Summer and the euphemistcally named "all season" don't cut it.
maxnix, I have to slightly disagree with you.......I have had awesome luck with the OEM All-Season tires on my Nissan & Infiniti vehicles, especially those paired with VDC (and/or all-wheel drive & traction control). I am in Green Bay, and we get plenty of the white stuff. It is seriously next to impossible to fly off a road with these features on a Nissan. Granted, I have yet to test my '09 Murano with 20's on it (which are all-seasons), but the '03 Murano I had with 18's was simply amazing, better than any 4wd pick-up I ever owned or drove in the snow.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”