AWD / ABS / IBA Warning Lights

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Sooo...
I was in a car accident recently and the car is in the shop. There was minor damage to my bumper and front passenger quarter panel along with damage done to my front passenger side wheel. After the accident my car was making a vibrating sound coming from the wheel that was damaged. The repair shop discovered that the wheel bearings were also damaged along with an ABS sensor. He repaired both and after putting everything back together he noticed my IBA, ABS and AWD warning lights were on. Prior to my car going in the shop none of these warning lights were on. Are these swindles something that needs to be reset? Does the car need to be driven to get them to go off like the TPMS? Trying to figure out of there may be something he missed or if it will reset itself.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Debonair might be able to find the info on this lol, he's good wit da FSM.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Those systems will all provide you with DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) which will point you in the correct diagnosis and repair direction. Sometimes the DTC's can simply be cleared and as long as the issue has already been resolved they will stay away. Otherwise, you will need to correct the cause of the issue and then clear the code. Unfortunately, as far as I know the codes can only be read and cleared with a capable diagnostic scanner. Most budget Amazon and parts store scanners cannot read the ABS system.

If they worked on it you should be able to take it back to them and have them pull the codes. Chances are it is related to the work they did, or additional damage they missed.

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Debonair wrote:Those systems will all provide you with DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) which will point you in the correct diagnosis and repair direction. Sometimes the DTC's can simply be cleared and as long as the issue has already been resolved they will stay away. Otherwise, you will need to correct the cause of the issue and then clear the code. Unfortunately, as far as I know the codes can only be read and cleared with a capable diagnostic scanner. Most budget Amazon and parts store scanners cannot read the ABS system.

If they worked on it you should be able to take it back to them and have them pull the codes. Chances are it is related to the work they did, or additional damage they missed.
Got it. Does the average body shop have the equipment to pull the codes?

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Big_Tone wrote: Got it. Does the average body shop have the equipment to pull the codes?
Yes.

If for whatever reason they do not correct the issue be sure to have them print out the DTC's or write them down for you. Then we can offer some guidence based on them.

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Cool. Will do. My replacement wheel should be delivered tomorrow. Once they get the tire mounted and everything put back together we'll see what's what. THANK YOU!

EdBwoy

Big_Tone wrote:... The repair shop discovered that the wheel bearings were also damaged along with an ABS sensor. He repaired both and after putting everything back together he noticed my IBA, ABS and AWD warning lights were on. Prior to my car going in the shop none of these warning lights were on...
Shooting from the hip here, the lights are all based on how your wheel speed is being read.
1. Forgot to connect the ABS sensor harness
2. Got the wrong ABS sensor, or a faulty one
3. Damaged the tone ring within the hub
4. Somehow popped a fuse thru shorting the sensor wire - if there's an AWD fuse, but unlikely.
So no SLIP or VDC light and your cruise control still works?

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

EdBwoy wrote:
Big_Tone wrote:... The repair shop discovered that the wheel bearings were also damaged along with an ABS sensor. He repaired both and after putting everything back together he noticed my IBA, ABS and AWD warning lights were on. Prior to my car going in the shop none of these warning lights were on...
Shooting from the hip here, the lights are all based on how your wheel speed is being read.
1. Forgot to connect the ABS sensor harness
2. Got the wrong ABS sensor, or a faulty one
3. Damaged the tone ring within the hub
4. Somehow popped a fuse thru shorting the sensor wire - if there's an AWD fuse, but unlikely.
So no SLIP or VDC light and your cruise control still works?
The repair shop told me about the warning lights. The car hasn't been driven yet. I'm waiting on he replacement wheel, which should be delivered tomorrow. Once that has been installed they're going to start it up and drive it to see if the warning lights still come on. Thank you for the possible causes. I'll let the shop know if the lights continue.

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Got the car back yesterday! All warning lights are off. Thanks again guys for the help!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”