AVM RED X on All Four Cameras when Wet/Cold

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
JL18
Car: Nissan Pathfinder

Hi All, Really need your help.

for some time I have been getting Red X icons on all four cameras on top of the image. Not sure if the sonar is on. I found this to be the case when the weather is wet, rained or very cold and frost/Ice has build up on the car. This is for a 2014 Pathfinder. The front camera has a slight distortion but do no think this is the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have heard about the CCU, where exactly is it located? I heard behind driver but I cannot locate it. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like a problem with your AVM Controller, probably the camera power supply since all 4 cams are going down. The controller is located under the console to the left of the shifter. It's a CAN device, so I'd recommend getting the codes read before poking around in the wiring. Chances are the failure is in the voltage regulator circuit for the cams, which is internal to the controller. Since it happens in cold or wet weather there may be a "cold solder joint" on the circuit board. If your soldering skills are excellent and you have a marksman soldering tip, you could try opening the box and retouching the board. Otherwise, you probably need to replace the controller.

JL18
Car: Nissan Pathfinder

Thank you for the tip. I'll look into the codes. Replacing the part seems expensive, hopefully its the easier fix,

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”