Auxillary Power to Outlets

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
RAMALONE
Car: INFINITI M35 ( 2009 )

I own a 2009 M-35 Infiniti automobile (great vehicle) which has two two outlets below the center console for the ipod connection and an ordinary 12 volt outlet. However I can not get any power output from either of these outlets and all of the fuses (located on drivers side inside the vehicle) are all in tact (not blown). I am puzzled on why this happening. Has anybody had this issue. Please HELP ! Thanks.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Like you, I would have suspected a blown fuse. I don't recall any members reporting this issue when NOT due to fuses. The next step, for me, would be to pull up and remove the cup holders, then lift up and remove the cup holder door to try to see the wires leading to the outlets. I'm sure you already thought of this, but it's possible those outlets are only powered with the ignition ON. I have never used those outlets the 09 MNs have the flash card that holds a thousand music tracs - I use that because you can scan and choose tracs using the center knob and screen.

RAMALONE

I have thought about taking apart the cupholders and lifting up the surrounding plastic to see if I can access the outlets from behind like you suggested... but that looks like a "bear" of a job with a lot of disassembly so for me that would be a last resort. I have used the the ipod outlet in the past to listen to music,podcasts etc on my iphone so without it working its a big setback for me.

Larz

It's actually no trouble to remove that stuff. The actual cup holders slip right up and out and the plastic surround also comes right out. With the cup holder door half open, grab the door and lift straight up. There are no screws or bolts holding it in place. There were a few threads with pics on here but the search function has not been working properly for a while now.

RAMALONE

I followed your instructions and was surprised how easy it came apart. I found out the cause of the problem...the wiring to both outlets was disconnected. This must have been done by the dealer over a year ago when I took it in for a manufacturer recall on airbags and they forgot to reconnect. I reconnected it and voila the music on my iPhone came alive again...I am happier than a kid in a candy store. You are a savior my friend. Thank you..much appreciated.

Larz

YAY !! When my dash was replaced, they missed a connection as well. I reckon there are a gazillion different little connectors that have to be reconnected. I'm not surprised that they missed 1 or 2. Take a squinz at this! Dash removed:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”