AUX problems!

All things Altima Coupe.
marcelo929
Car: 3.5 SE Altima Coupe

So i was about to get out of my car today and i was listening to my ipod touch when i had to answer my phone. Like any normal person would do i put down my ipod and it just happens to be where the cvt gear lever is, you know the silver aluminum surrounding the lever (remember this is a cvt), when all of a sudden the stereo went all crazy. Apparently now everytime i play songs from my ipod it souds really bad and has almost no bass. I touch the silver aluminum plate and you can hear it on the speakers, like if you would tap on a microphone. This is really weird. Anyone have any idea as to what happened?

skiski329
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5

cool try to sing into the aluminum plate LOL JK. Just take it to the stealership.
marcelo929 wrote: like if you would tap on a microphone.

LegendRacer

its called static...try having ur aux in ur dash, but not in ur ipod, and move the free end around and touch metal areas and yes ul hear alot of static

marcelo929

LegendRacer wrote:its called static...try having ur aux in ur dash, but not in ur ipod, and move the free end around and touch metal areas and yes ul hear alot of static
I know what you mean yet now my speakers wont play any of my songs from my ipod or any other for that matter anymore. I make sure nothing is touching any metal whatsoever and the sound quality is horrible. There is no bass, and alot of the sound seems distant and very fuzzy.

shift_mikey
Car: 2008 Altima 3.5SE Coupe w/CVT

Try the cable on another stereo

Try another cable in your car

Try another device and another cable in your car

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

i refuse to use my ipod in the aux port.

it totally sounds like crap normally with no bass.

i have had to resort to burning wav cds ick

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

Sounds like a bad cable to me.

LegendRacer

i actually find that the bass is alright, i tried it out today, and i was good. Just that u have to crank ur music up a bit, and check ur ipod/mp3 settings for bass, it mite be turned down.

marcelo929

LegendRacer wrote:i actually find that the bass is alright, i tried it out today, and i was good. Just that u have to crank ur music up a bit, and check ur ipod/mp3 settings for bass, it mite be turned down.
Its not just the bass, is pretty much the whole song except for the vocals, and they sound somewhat far away. This is the second time this has happened and i'll be taking it to the dealership on monday probaby. They change out the whole stereo face, just wanted to see if anyone else had these types of problems

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”