AUX Port

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
boblzimmerman
Car: Infiniti Q60 2014

I am a new owner of a Q60S 2014. It does not have a simple AUX port to plug in my iPod Shuffle 4th Generation.
Note: I NEED an AUX port because I am an avid swimmer and I load my books on a waterproof iPod shuffle and listen to books while I swim. I want to be able to plug the iPod shuffle into an AUX port to listen on my car stereo speakers.
I can use my headphones, I can load the books on my Cell phone and play via Bluetooth, I can buy a converter to convert my audible AAX file to mp3 and load on a USB hard disc and play via the USB port. All of these options do not allow me to keep listening to the book in one solid stream. I have tried it and it is really hard to find your chapter and your place in the chapter moving from one device to another. All this would be solved by installing an AUX port in my new Q60S.

The dealer refuses to do it, Infiniti USA tells me the car is not compatible.

I read several posts about possibly using a hidden RCA port and connecting it as a AUX port?

I also see there are 3rd party adapter harnesses to connect to the back of the radio. I am hesitant to try and pull the radio out of my new car without knowing how?

Does anyone have a suggestion?

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Thats interesting that a new vehicle doesn't have an aux port available.

On my '99 Pontiac, there is a "hack" for adding your own aux port. Here's the link.
I don't know how helpful it will be to you, but it might revolve around the same principle and work the same way if you can identify the wiring and are confident enough to splice into it or bring to a trustworthy place to do the work for you.

Granted, this is not for an Infiniti, but the logic might still work.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electr ... apter.html

infiniti_drew

It has a USB Port for your Ipod.

If you insist it be AUX, look for a USB to AUX converter.

Since the Ipod naturally support USB, using USB is the better option.

boblzimmerman
Car: Infiniti Q60 2014

This is for infiniti-drew.
Q60S USB port DOES NOT SUPPORT iPod shuffle.
There is no such thing as USB to AUX converter. USB is a specific computer interface that requires software to read the attached USB device.
If someone knows of a USB to AUX converter that the Q60S can recognize please tell me. I have been looking for a couple months.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

There are USB to 3.5mm converters....I've looked around and have found no solutions to using the shuffle with the G.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”