Automobile mag pays homage to old Q

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
AZQ45
Car: Q45, G35, My 3 sons, hockey, snowmobiling (when I can)

From the November 2003 'Automobile' magazine article on the G35 coupe:

"Yes, there is an Infiniti that you might prefer to a BMW, and it's not that first-generation Q45 you've been scouring the classifieds for; it's coming to your Infiniti dealership in November."

I viewed this as a positive old-Q reference. At the same time, the new Q was beat up in the one year review. That feature is titled "Q AS IN QUESTIONABLE."

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

People in the know....

Fred...:)

Sopdadope

There was also another article, in Automobile magazine where one of the editor's referred to the Audi A8 similar to the old Q as a car that "you love more and more with every mile you put on it" So true...=)

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

i don't see anything wrong w/ the new Q's at all. they are amazing

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The new Q's are great too.Many still wax about teh old ones cuz when they came out they may have been among teh very best cars made in the world regardless of price.

The new ones are very very good too and given that BMW and MB have been slipping in quality maybe we are back were we were then but PPL just haven't noticed yet.

Fred...:)(ok i admit it it was not a very useful post of mine)

MetaOrbit
Car: Black 2002 Infiniti I35 Sport

I just got back from NYC, and on the way up, I bought Car and Driver and Automobile Magazine simply for the Infiniti articles :D .

Anyways, I noticed, besides that nice 1st gen comment above, how they mentioned that the most recent Q seemed to have lagging acceleration - something about "angry drivers darting into the hole that opened up in front of them in traffic" I think.

Anyway, my dad told me that he took his boss (who has a '02 Q) for a ride in his I35, and that his boss commented on how well the I accelerated and passed other cars on the highway. He even went so far as to mention that it was better than his Q.

I couldn't believe that out of a 340 HP V8, so I said to my dad that he must not really drive his Q. My dad responded by saying that he always pushes it to the limit, usually ending up with a couple tickets every trip he goes on :confused:

The magazine article kinda cleared it up though. Hopefully the M45 will do better with that engine and power.

John

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

they beatter acknolage that the first gen q45 was a great car , it would be aweful if they didnt , in my opinion not useing the 1rst gen Q as a bench mark wouldnt be right , its like not useing the corvette to benchmark all newcomer sportscars ...

the Q was and in many cases still is a superior car , as dennis many many times proves . just wish i could afford the maintenace on one (i dont care what anyone says i still want a "A")

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

I think there's a fix for the sluggish drive-by-wire system on the '02 Q. Probably not a recall, just a "if owner complains" kind of fix. I think I've heard they're changing the drive-by-wire throttle on several (or all?) models because of similar complaints??

As for the Automobile article, I find it hard to believe that BMW nuts are actively searching for an early Q45 -- they'd never buy one -- but I do get the sneaking suspicion they're JEALOUS!!

:rotflmao

:eatme

:rockon

Return to “General Chat”