Automatic Window down not working passenger

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
superducky
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60

Hi all, recently purchased a 2017 Q60 and the passenger side window will not crack open slightly when opening the door. The drivers side does it fine, and I have exhausted my options. Searched the forum with no avail.

Tried:
Replacing the button on the passenger side
Checking if the door button indicator (lets car know if door is open or not) works by swapping it with the drivers side
Taking it to the dealer and their guess was the motor and actuator needed to be replaced
Replaced the motor and actuator and still no luck.

Really not sure what to do as the glass stays in the up position and the only temporary fix is to slightly lower my window and close the door, but it leaves a gap and won't automatically go back up.

Jap Burd
Car: ‘95 Q45

I don’t know, but I just had an issue with a GM vehicle and I thought it was the motor or switch and it was a 10$ relay. It was a small black box in the fuse panel.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Two things. First, is the passenger window timed correctly (i.e., do auto up and auto down both work right)? The auto adjust function won't work if it isn't. Re-timing is simple, drop the window all the way, then raise it all the way and keep holding it for a 5-count after it hits the top. If timing isn't the issue, I think there may be a problem in the LAN wiring, that the master switch can hear the BCM but the passenger switch can't. The BCM and both window switches are on a "bit bang" LAN connection all to themselves. The BCM only participates by monitoring the door switches (for auto adjust) and lock cylinder switches (for auto roll-down or roll-up). The master switch and passenger switch negotiate most other functions between themselves, without intervention from the BCM. To confirm it's a LAN problem, try an auto roll-down using the key cylinder. Turning the driver door lock cylinder to "unlock" and holding it for 3 seconds should roll down both windows. If only the driver window rolls down, there's a problem with the connection between the passenger switch and the BCM.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

VStar has it covered. Being a 2017 if you still have warranty you can simply drop it off at the dealer as well.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”