Automatic start glitch

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jakemcb
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue SV. I have automatic start by pressing the lock button on the key fob three times. The car turns on (most of the time). However it will not prompt me to press the brake and button when I get into the car. Upon getting into the car, most of the time it just shuts off. Sometimes it will run and I can just drive away. Any ideas on why this is?
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That's an aftermarket RS system, the factory RS uses a dedicated RS button. Your aftermarket system is fooling the BCM, so after using the RS, the car won't behave the way it would with a factory setup.

jakemcb
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

It is a factory system, the car was bought from Nissan new by my grandfather, he wouldn't have put an aftermarket system in the car.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The dealer may have installed it before purchase as an add-on. No Nissan OE system works that way.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

jakemcb wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:43 am
It is a factory system, the car was bought from Nissan new by my grandfather, he wouldn't have put an aftermarket system in the car.
There was no factory option for remote start in the 2014 Rogue, ergo it can not be a factory system.

I installed remote start in my car using a 3rd party module from Fortin, and the way the module works is you have to press the push start button to keep the car running. If you get in and press the brake first instead, it will shut the engine off within a few seconds. You can also program it to cut the engine off as soon as the door is opened but idk who'd want that. Some older systems were not able to keep the car running when the door was opened.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Nissan never made a factory OEM remote start system. I did complain about not having remote start on my 2016 Rogue many times, especially when I used the vehicle for work and left the vehicle parked outside at uni. What you did describe is the function for an aftermarket system, not the OEM factory. Aftermarket systems do crap out eventually. Plus looks like whoever did the install, did a poor job doing so.

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

“Upon getting into the car, most of the time it just shuts off. Sometimes it will run and I can just drive away. Any ideas on why this is?“.

It is an aftermarket system, I believe I have the same system made by StartX or something like that. If you started the car, and have the key fob with you, just get in and push the start button without hitting the brake, Hitting the brake kills the remote start. For more info take a look at https://remotestartx.com/.

Return to “Rogue Forum”