Automatic seatbelt problem

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
heliboy2049

I have a 1989 240sx and the auto seatbelt on the drivers side does not move anymore. There is a clicking sound going on, sounds like the seatbelt motor is turning, but some gears are stripped or something.

Is this typical? Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know what it could be??

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

I had the same problem. I thought the clicking was a relay, but never got it fixed. Then I wrecked it (someone must not like me too much...my seatbelts break then I wreck my car a few weeks later, after 2 yrs of driving with no accidents..hehe..) and never found out what the problem was

Anand

it could be the motor!?

trpower7

I think your seat belt attatchment has moved off of the track and is not catching the device necessary to move it back. Grab the thing and jiggle around with it and see if it pops into a track, just a shot in the dark but it is free :)

juazam_186
Car: Cars & Computers

Heliboy,Contact your local Nissan Dealer. (Please don't freak-out until after you've read this through!)If i remember correctly, the Auto seatbelts are a Lifetime warranty item, and 'should be' repaired at "no charge".(I read this on an old thread somewhere.) I hope this helps you out. In the meantime- drive carefully.Peace :icesangel

lost93

i herd the same thing about the lifetime fix also i think i read it on the 240 org not sure though:boink

stretch240sx

thats some major:bsflag man i had the same problem so i took it to my nissan deal and the charged me an arm and a leg. man that place is a rip off. the wanted 52 $ for the stock hubcap

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

The automatic seat belts ARE a LIFETIME warranty. I had my drivers side replaced a little over a year ago, for FREE. Look in your owners manual, i think its like near the back, but your local deal should replace them FREE FOR LIFE. It is a safety hazard otherwise. It covers the motor, track and actual belt. While you are there, there was a recall on the little red plastic buttons on the lap belt (front only) they they will replace for free also.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”