Automatic motor into manual harness differences.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
SCIDADDY
Car: 2004 Nissan 350z

Automatic motor into manual harness differences.

Postby SCIDADDY » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:29 am

Hey guys and ladies. I mistakenly bought an automatic motor for my 04 350z and am having problems with the wire harness differences. I've gotten through the automatic pilot bushing with a pipe wrench. Lol. I have the blown motor sitting on the side and keep finding differences in the harness plugs and wires. I've been taking some plugs from the automatic harness and replaced the damaged one's on my manual harness. Currently I have to swap alternators because my manual harness has 2 prongs and the automatic has 3. I have the service manual and am getting confused. P.s. the automatic motor is already installed. I have DC ceramic headers, Z1 high flow cats, Kinetix intake plenum, stage 2 clutch, lightweight flywheel, dual row all aluminum radiator, silicone radiator hoses. If anyone has installed an automatic motor into a manual body successfully please help a brother out 🙏!!!

mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

Re: Automatic motor into manual harness differences.

Postby mrwrolguy » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:03 pm

I installed a automatic engine 2006 into my 2004 6mt I just pulled the engine harness off my old manual engine and reinstalled on the automatic engine was simple... Installing the pilot bushing was a different story they are bronze and I broke like 3 before I got a good install other than that was just chasing missfires and ground issues and bad ipdm and bad ecm car has been solid over a year now.

SCIDADDY
Car: 2004 Nissan 350z

Re: Automatic motor into manual harness differences.

Postby SCIDADDY » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks bro. Just having a misfire on cylinder 1 and overheating. Coil pack is good, new spark plugs, new fuel injectors. I'm gonna try maf cleaner first then I will take off the plenum and swap injectors with cylinder 1 and 2 to see if the misfire travels.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”