automatic make a difference?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
SpeeDDrifT
Car: drive. drift. drive....um drift...SAFELY. k

i've heard that swapping into a 91-up is easier than the 90-below but i was wondering if it makes it any harder if the car getting the swap is a automatic...and of course i want it to be a manual. the SR will come with the tranny correct? is there anything else i would need besides what it comes with to complete the swap and make it a manual? sorry i am not much of a mechanic so your knowledge is much appreciated. i am looking to get another 240 which will be a DRIFT ONLY car...and i want to put a SR in it but it is a automatic. Once again thank you for you input and wisdom.:confused:

SWIFT_DRIFT

if you read around there's tons of posts about your questions, dont be lazy :P

InstantRice

your lack of clutch may prove problematic:rolleyes

Daunttless

Erm, is the SR20 you're buying automatic, or is the 240 you're buying automatic?

The auto => manual swap is not overly difficult, just time consuming. There are a number of things that need to be changed, I'm pretty sure I"ve posted it somewhere. : ) The 91 up is only easier because you don't have to worry about changing the AC, power steering, and gauge cluster. But if you're doing an auto => manual swap I don't suppose it really matters at all what year you buy as the other things are easy if you can do that. : )

Enjoy your day!

Ace
Car: S14

Go to http://www.240sx.org go into the installs forum find S14 5 Speed swap. It outlines all the parts needed. Also alot of the parts needed are usually included on the SR20DET engine. This is for the S14 bear in mind but I think this will get you started.:D

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”