Automatic KA to SR20DET Manual?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
JDM240sx

Is it a big pain in the a**?

I know that you have to do the 2 to 3 pedal hardware swap. I also figure that you have to change the center console. Is the chassis under the console already cut/drilled to accept a manual shifter? Is the S14 tranny a hydro or a cable clutch? I guess if it hydro I will have to get the clutch master and slave cylinder and lines and hardware.

What about driveshaft and shift linkage?

Other than the basic hardware junk... Is it worth it to swap from auto to manual. I only ask because I see LOTS of 95 240sx's for sale in the NorthEast, but not many 5spds :( So i was wondering if i could get a good deal on one if its worth trackin down junkyards conversion parts. Thanx.

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

Seems to me you hit the nail on the head, pain in the a**.But if your a gear head with time and money, anything is possible.

yes, you need the 3 pedal setup. a 5speed tranny, its hydro so you need the master/slave cyls and lines, a different ECU, trans wiring harness (someone correct me).

however, on the plus side, all the mounting points are the same, and if your getting an SR it comes with the ECU harness and tranny..

Worth it? Too big a question for me.. but I do love my 5-speed..

Daunttless

check out my website, we will do the swap with an engine swap for a reasonable price. : )

TommyyJ

daunttless

how far away is your shop from chicago?

Daunttless

About 3-3 1/2 hours.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”