Automatic car wash story.

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Z32 is best Z
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX z32 2+2. Currently sitting at 33,000 original miles.

So.. I'll start by saying I know it was extremely stupid to take my car to an automated car wash. But the car was really really filthy. We're talking spiderwebs, layers up layers of dust and dirt. The works. I know you may be asking why the hell that I let my car get so bad. Well the thing is I am a trucker. I am not home very often. However this one particular time I left to go gallivanting across the country in my truck I left my garage door open. It gets pretty windy and dusty where I live at and by the time I came back home 2 and 1/2 months later. It looked like my car was one of those abandoned car on the side of the street. However I was only stopping by my house to see my daughters for one of their birthdays for a few hours and I had to keep going. When I noticed how dirty my car was I didn't really have time to wash it myself. It also doesn't help that the house that I currently live in does not have an outside spigot. So I figured a quick automated wash wouldn't hurt it much considering fat the paint already had plenty of swirls in it from the previous owners and I was going to be dipping the car soon eventually anyway.

So I go through the automated wash and everything is going fine for the most part until it gets to the very last part where it has the spitting microfiber bar that dries off the last remaining bits of water. Everything was fine until It got to the rear window. It grabbed my rear windshield wiper blade and not only did it rip it off, well it ripped off the blade itself, but the arm was still very much attached. But it grabbed the arm and yanked my trunk up about a good quarter of an inch. After I got out of the wash I went to go check my trunk and found that the quick release inside the car no longer opens the trunk. The lights in the back will come on like I released the locking mechanism. But when I go to the back of the trunk to open it from the outside it is still locked. The key still works but it gives me a little bit of a hard time. Anyone have any suggestions on which parts I should probably look into replacing?
25857.gif
25857.gif (679.47 KiB) Viewed 717 times

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Remove the center trunk trim and take a look at the latch mechanism. It has a bit of up/down adjustment, it might be pulled up to it max height. Let’s hope that’s it and nothing else is bent.

Z32 is best Z
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX z32 2+2. Currently sitting at 33,000 original miles.

Next time I get home I will do that. I appreciate it my man. What does the adjustment area look like? It'll be my first time. The center trunk trim..

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”