autolight sensitivity Infiniti EX35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
kamiguy
Car: 2008 EX Scarlet silver wheat interior.. all options

I want to take advantage of the auto headlight system but when I pull into my double garage(painted white) the headlights come on, even with the sensitivity adjusted to its lowest setting. This is not good for the bulbs,(frequent on-off cycles) per owner's manual. Anyone else having this same issue?

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Honestly, I don't believe it is an issue. I have had the same thing with my Nissans / Infinitis that I have owned since my '03 Murano, I never had an issue with bulbs burning out, especially with Xenons.

kamiguy

Thanks, Timmbo. Guess the main point is that it's a PITA to see your lights come on when you enter the garage. So, I won't worry about the longevity of the bulbs then.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

You should not have a problem with the lights burning out prematurely, even with frequent on and off cycles. If you would like to make them less sensitive it would be possible the dealer can adjust the Auto mode using their computer. There are four depending on what your looking for. It is not a timely repair and they would most likely do it for you when you go in for service, if you just ask them. Also if the walk up puddle lights stop working (they shut off after fourteen days of no operation) there is a simple procedure to reset them.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Yeah, don't worry about your bulbs at all, I have my lights set at the most sensitive setting, that way they come on when it is cloudy and foggy, I have never had a problem at all.

kamiguy

So, basically I will just live with the lights coming on when I enter my garage on a sunny day. Glad I don't have to sorry about the bulbs. I will see if the dealer can adjust that sensitivity setting. Thanks, ppl, for your input

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

I onlt use the auto function when I take a long drive and know that dusk will come. Just driving around town with the lights coming on when I go under an overpass doesn't look cool.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”