Autocrossers!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
PongAtari

Time to stop whoring and post something useful.. post here if you autocross! How long have you been into it, what car do you have, what class do you run in, what mods do you have, how well do you do, any advice?

Time: Since February, about 10 events nowCar: 1989 240sx hatchClass: GS :bs Mods: Front STB, K&N Filter, 2.25" cat back, Kumho 712s, Evolution Phase 1 autox school. 110 rwhp. Watch out Impreza RS and G35.

I started out sucking, but I won ES Novice and regular ES at a couple events recently. Then I found out they changed the 240sx to GS.. GS cars are a lot faster than 240s.Advice: SLOW DOWN THERE SONNY! And somebody should protest the GS thing.. I would but I'm going to Japan in a week, and I'm gonna be in Street Mod when I come back :ylsuper.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I do it occasionally. I did it for the first time last week in over a year. I run DSP with my spec V. I have intake/headers/exhaust, and also removed balance shafts (which technically I think may bump me into DP, but I don't think anybody cares).

I run street tires though, with 22k miles on them, so I'm not really competition for anybody.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Hey Pong, you whore,

I've recently gotten into autocross. I've done one Austrailian pursuit in my 240. Wasn't very successful, but it was my first time driving through cones. I'll get better though.

I've done a roadcourse near Indy in my Grand Prix GT ('01). The course is called Putnam Park. It's a 10 turn track that is about a mile and a half long. The straight is just over a 1/4 mile long. I hope to get my 240 out there before the end of the season, but $$$ is kinda tight right now.

Andy

:fruit

king240

Hi, I've been into solo 1 and 2 for five years now. I run in DSP, have quite a few mods on my 92 coupe. Addico front sway bar, whiteline rear bar, whiteline tension rod bushings and rear camber correction bushings, kg-mm supersport springs, agx shocks, stillen rear subframe mounts, factory lsd, 4.64 gears, maxima front brakes, 225/50/15 toyo ra1 for racing, injun intake with cai, pdm camshafts, ported head, welded combustion chambers for increased compression (10.2-1) bored 1mm using updated factory nissan pistons, and a gude header with a flowmaster deltaflow muffler. Looking into jim wolf camshafts to better match the 4.64 gears and their ecm upgrade. I usually do quite well, overall I'am usually in the top five times of the day, the biggest complaint I have with our cars is trying to get rid of the tendency to understeer at the limit, overall I love it and would have a hard time replacing it with something else. Heres a file of it in action.

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

I just recently got into autocross too! Drove my 240, GS class (as they classify us). My friend told me that i won best in my class, which, the only other car in my class was a Dodge Neon--but he's autoXed before i think.

I am going to my 2nd autocross this Sunday. I'm psyched!!

StanBo
Car: 93 Miata - 10 Tacoma

I joined NASA three weeks ago. I haven't been able to attend any events. I have to work on my front suspension. It is shot.

I am glad this thread was started. I am always at http://www.honda-tech.com getting autox info. It seems that a lot of nissan guys don't post about autox.

Or I cannot find the sites.

SpeedFreak

I didnt know the NASA had an autocross program......thought they just did the space thing. I think you mean the SCCA. I race every weekend and have only lost 2 times so far this year. It is so much fun you got to try it. I race in the STS class. As soon as I get my sr motor I will be unbeatable.....I hope.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

NASA = National Auto Sport Association

Not National Aeronautic and Space Administration :cwm27

NASA is an organization just like SCCA. They do roadracing, autoX, etc.

SpeedFreak

insert foot here :O

Nismo240sxt
Car: Autocross, working on cars, hanging out, etc...

This is my first year actually driving in autocross. I run in STS at the moment. I have a 97 240sx SE with Eibach Pro-Kit, KYB AGX shocks/struts, Cusco front upper strut bar, and Falken Azenis tires. There is a pretty tough group of drivers/cars that run in my area but I am doing pretty well for my first year. That and having bad tie rods and not having an alignment didn't help any. But, I have won a race out side of my region and have been pretty competitive concidering the odds earlier stated. I love auto cross and I can't wait to go to a road course like Putnum Park or Mid-Ohio. Hopefully I will have my car out of the body shop by the next event(getting the new bumper painted and putting bumper braces that an owner before me took out). If I don't get my car back I might have to try and Co-drive with a friend.

Josh

StanBo
Car: 93 Miata - 10 Tacoma

SpeedFreak wrote:insert foot here :O
Don't worry I am familiar with the taste of my boots. And that is in person!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”