autocross

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
01sentrasr20
Car: racing and working on cars

thinking of swapping new motor doing heavy modding and autocrossing my 01 SE, any one with thoughts or ideas post away

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I wouldn't do a motor swap unless you want to run in a more challenging class. Your sentra with some exhaust, and adjustable struts with r compound tires woudl do fine in stock class.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I gotta agree there. The SR20DE has a lot of unused potential. Stock or lightly modded you could be a definite competitor, but a swap would put you in the top competition and well... there are a lot faster of cars up there.

Altiman94

^exactly my point. Get some driving experience under your belt, then start the upgrading.

Sr20dee

why would you wanna swap the motor in your car.. alot of us have been competing in gs and sts without any issues.. the engine is just as stout as any other SR20 out there.

get some wheel time and comeback and discuss doing things to your car..

Altiman94

^ that's waht I was trying to point out. You can do just as well in stock class and have just as much as you would in Street Modified (SM) where all of the other cars will have just as good if not as a set-up as yourself and most likely more experience than you also

SERprise In WV

Street Modified = money throwing contest. Ask me how I know. :)

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Yep. I'm not sure how the classes work, but I would assume that you could get away with bolt ons without being moved up into a highly-tuned (or even moderately tuned) class. Go I/H/E and a good suspension. If you have the Performance Package you should be in pretty good standing at that point, especially if you're running good tires (the OE Firestones are crap, FYI). I/H/E (someone I'm sure can correct me, as this math may be a bit fuzzy), should give you an extra 15hp and 20ish lb/ft at the wheels (as I said, I could be off, but dyno gains with just intake go about 5hp and 9 lb/ft). Which puts you quite nice in competition, as non-turbo 4cyl cars won't be much, if any, faster, and LSD and a stiff suspension round all that out. Slotted brakes might be a good idea too.

Someone with AutoX expierence can chime in here and clear up whether that kind of stuff puts him in a higher class, but I'd think it wouldn't. I wish I Autocrossed...

Altiman94

in G stock (atleast here, rules differ in some places) you can have different tires (r-compound) but they must be of stock diameter, catback exhaust, different struts (springs must be stock). No strut tower bars are allowed. Anything more than that would put you into STS. Stock class can get very competitive because most of the guys who autox stock class often are very good drivers to offset the suspension work that they dont have. Atleast thats how it is here.

tm_kickz

Where is autocross in ATL??? Im interested but know nothing about it.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Usually done in the Turner Field parking lot. Schedule is on this website:

http://www.apexbenefits.biz/ABS-Mtrsports.htm

IlIkEmYz
Car: 06 Z

IT's not the car that helps a driver win, it's the drivers skill

Work on the skill and when time comes do a swap.:ylsuper

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”