Autocross Alignment Specs

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
nissanman04
Car: '90 240SX, '95 Subaru Legacy

I'm having the DSP car aligned this friday, and I was wondering if these specs look OK for my application. I'll be running r-comps. This car will be driven to and from events, so I can't go too crazy...

FrontCamber: -3Toe: 1/8" out

RearCamber: -2 (or whatever can be had that is close to that, I have no adjustable RUCAs)Toe: 0

kclo4
Car: 1995 S14 with kouki front end. Track slut.

That sounds about right. You may want to go a little let on the toe out just because toe kills tires faster than camber, but it depends on you. Seems ballpark enough to run with it and tweak it later.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

toe in up front and toe out in the rear really pulls it in the corners

nissanman04
Car: '90 240SX, '95 Subaru Legacy

wow, some quick replies in this forum...amazing!

Yeah, I was thinking about running zero toe in front as well due to the tire wear issue...still haven't decided.

Slappy
Car: 1993 240 sx coupe

Toe out front should be set to how long you want your front tires to last , even when auto x'ing. To much toe out front will kill your expensive R Compound tires. Your not going to get anywhere close to -2 degrees rear camber without RUCA's.

Toe is what kills tires , not camber.

kclo4
Car: 1995 S14 with kouki front end. Track slut.

It depends on how low your car is. In its current config -2.2 degrees is the MOST POSITIVE I could get on my S14 without going to RUCA's. I am actually going to set mine to -3 front -2.5 rear I think now that I have switched to r-comps. I think I set my front to about 1/16" toe out in front and 0 or 1/16 in rear(its been a while). It's been a while and I think I need a re-align so I should think about what I want to change.

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

My miata hasfront-2.1 camber3.9 caster pass side, 4.1 caster driver side (as close as we could get it, but the camber sweep showed an additional -.3 of camber with a full sweep from lock to lock on both sides.) 1/16th out toe (I add a full twist to the tie rod at the event for an additional 1/8 out, then changit back. Might ask your alighment guy how much toe you get per revolution of the tie rod. then you can mark it, and change it at the event, then change it back before you leave.)

The nice thing with changing the toe on one side, your stearing wheel will be cocked, so if you forget to change it back, you will have a little reminder.

Rear-2.3 camber1/16 toe in the rear.

YMMV

Slappy
Car: 1993 240 sx coupe

Aggressive Miata alignment settings are a world apart from what you should have on your 240 , especially their caster settings.

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

I wouldn't call my alignment aggressive. Well, maybe my toe settings.

Is the caster high compared to a 240???

Just trying to help. Like I said, your milage may very.

I tell you what though, my car feels FREAKING GREAT now. It is so predictable and turn in is fantastic. You don't even want to know what my spring rates are. And I think my fenders have finally clearenced themselves.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

you want as much caster as possible, but it's not adjustable unless you buy adjustable TC rods, caster will not cause excessive tire wear and honesly when we're talking 1/8 toe in and toe out it's not really enough to hurt your tires, excessive camber can, 3 is a lot for street tires but it helps , my dual purpose Z32TT I run 2 degrees up front and under 1.5 in the rear as the excessive camber int he rear makes straight line acceleration difficult

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”