Auto to Manual Trans swap in '05 Pathy

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Pathfinder7
Car: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder

Has anyone done an Automatic Transmission swap for a Manual Transmission in a 2005 Pathfinder? I am wondering if a manual tranny rom a 2005 Frontier would fit.

NismoPick
Car: 97 Infiniti QX4
00 BMW 528i E39
94 Geo Metro
87 Toyota Pickup
81 Datsun 280ZXT

Just remember that you will also need all the electronics to go with it, and probably drive shaft, and all the other accessories. IMO, it would be easier, and cheaper to just sell your car, and find one w/ a manual transmission.

Also, I'm sure a quick search would give you all the info you need.

drc83

Hi

yes you can.
I have a nissan pathfinder 2005 LE and actualy I change my automatic transmission for a nissan xterra manual gear-box.

the frontier Fit
the Xterra fit
you pluging the ECM manual or xterra or frontier in swap.

My friend in France sent to me a central dash for mY manual gear box.
the shaft is ok

i finish my car a august.

sorry for my english because I'm french. :)

Pathfinder7
Car: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder

drc83 wrote:Hi

yes you can.
I have a nissan pathfinder 2005 LE and actualy I change my automatic transmission for a nissan xterra manual gear-box.

the frontier Fit
the Xterra fit
you pluging the ECM manual or xterra or frontier in swap.

My friend in France sent to me a central dash for mY manual gear box.
the shaft is ok

i finish my car a august.

sorry for my english because I'm french. :)
Thank you for the information. Your English is very good! Much better than my French.

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

NismoPick wrote:IMO, it would be easier, and cheaper to just sell your car, and find one w/ a manual transmission.
You're not going to find an '05 with a manual. '01 was, unfortunately, the last year for the stick, at least in the USA.

Chuck

PATHFINDER99NI
Car: 1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

Chuck Tribolet wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:54 pm
NismoPick wrote:IMO, it would be easier, and cheaper to just sell your car, and find one w/ a manual transmission.
You're not going to find an '05 with a manual. '01 was, unfortunately, the last year for the stick, at least in the USA.

Chuck
Pathfinders of that year were offered with a manual in other places in the world. Luckily that 5spd was sold here in the States in different Nissan models such as the Frontier and Xterra.

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

PATHFINDER99NI wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:16 am
Chuck Tribolet wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Chuck
Pathfinders of that year were offered with a manual in other places in the world. Luckily that 5spd was sold here in the States in different Nissan models such as the Frontier and Xterra.
Yes, but... Don't know where the OP is located, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would be impossible to smog in California. Or at least very difficult.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”