Auto To Manual Switch

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

What are all the necessary components and parts needed to perform this automatic to manual conversion?How much would they add up to in $$'s?How much would it cost to have this done at the shop?

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

yeah i was wonderin the same thing.. i was just going to buy the SR20DET with the tranny and all.. then i think all i would need is the cables and pedels.. right? or am i wrong on this one?

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I have no idea, I'm waiting for one of the tech guys on this site to reply. Someone please help us!

Daunttless

1. 5 speed tranny2. 5 speed trans mount3. manual trans engine backing plate4. manual trans drive shaft5. clutch master, lines and bleeder assembly6. clutch pedal7. longer trans to engine bolts (hardware store)8. flywheel with manual flywheel bolts and clutch pressure plate bolts9. pilot bushing 10. manual ECU11. Throwout Bearing?12. Shiftboot, Shifter, Shift Knob, Misc Interior parts.

I think thats everything, might be a few more, thats all I can remember offhand.

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

anybody know what shops will charge to install? Oh and im assuming if u get the sr, and a new clutch that takes care of the5 speed trans-manual ecu-clutch and bleeder assembly-Im just trying to see what parts i need to buy off parts trader and what ones just come with the engine, clutch, or are easy to find in the hardware store. this is a headache.....

mars240
Car: workin on my car

yo guys i was gonna do a swap but when the guy told me the price i was hellll no........ he told me 3 grand for every thing that seams kinda alot to me i dunno but thats how much it should be so i dont think theres a point in doin that just sell this car and get a stick..... cause when u do that it always works differently then the factory one

chrispy
Car: Rowing, wakeboarding ,being outdoors, nissans

no way man that price has to be wrong , unless it includes install and new clutch . I swapped a manual into my saturn and ALL the manaul parts from the junkyard cost be a little less then $400.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”