auto tilt rear mirrors

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Violet216
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37

Does anyone know how to get the rearview mirrors to stop tilting when car is put in reverse? Not sure why they started doing this. I know you can set car up to do this, which I never have, but not sure how to make it stop. I took it to the dealer for regular maintenance a couple of months ago, and when it came back, I noticed the mirrors had started doing this tilting. But it might have also been caused by my SIL, who has manually shoved my mirrors in so he can get around my car to a workbench in the garage (instead of electronically doing it). Any ideas?

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

Put the mirror selector switch to the left or right. The mirrors only auto tilt if in the center position

withomps44
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

Violet216 wrote:Does anyone know how to get the rearview mirrors to stop tilting when car is put in reverse? Not sure why they started doing this. I know you can set car up to do this, which I never have, but not sure how to make it stop. I took it to the dealer for regular maintenance a couple of months ago, and when it came back, I noticed the mirrors had started doing this tilting. But it might have also been caused by my SIL, who has manually shoved my mirrors in so he can get around my car to a workbench in the garage (instead of electronically doing it). Any ideas?

I'd start by not letting your SIL near your car. But yes the mirror selector switch is what controls it. Just flip it around and check which works. I was thinking if I had it in the middle it didn't move but if to the left or right they tilt down in R as the poster above said. I keep mine in tilt mode though as my driveway has a slope and I like the feature for backing out of it. The SIL... wow... I'd lose my crap on someone shoving my mirrors in... Ugghh.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Frog wrote:Put the mirror selector switch to the left or right. The mirrors only auto tilt if in the center position
Its actually the the other way around, which happens to drives me nuts. The switch has to be to the left or right for them to tilt. When the switch is set to the center they will not tilt.

From the manual:

Violet216
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37

Thanks for the replies. My side mirror lever was indeed in one of the not-center positions, which caused both mirrors to tilt down when the car was in reverse. Once I moved the lever to the center (off) position, the mirrors no longer tilted down when putting the car in reverse. Thanks!!!

kmk786
Car: 2015 Q70L
2006 M45 Sport - SOLD

Side question - does anyone know if you can set the side view mirrors to fold every-time the car is placed into Park?

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

kmk786 wrote:Side question - does anyone know if you can set the side view mirrors to fold every-time the car is placed into Park?
Another annoyance of mine. :mad:

There is no option for this with the factory circuitry. There are however aftermarket modules that can be wired in to give the car this function.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yeah that would be nice lol.

This car is amazing, but seems to be lacking 2-3 small things that are like, "WHY NOT?" For me they are:
  • Tilting head rests. My 2007 had them. HOW DOES THIS CAR NOT HAVE THEM!?
  • One side tilting mirrors. 2007 had them. Depending on if the switch is L or R, that mirror would go down. Personally I liked to have my mirror stay level and the passenger side to go down...that way when I parallel park in a city I can see traffic in my mirror and see the curb in the other. In this car, seems that both go down.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”