Auto-Tech Interiors/ ATI Project CUBE

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
Team ATI

PART 1: Introducing Auto-tech Interior’s Project CUBE “Mobile U” – for the unique, yet active U.

Its official, Auto-tech Interiors will be creating a Project Nissan Cube, designed for the Unique, yet active U. With unparalleled support from Nissan of America and all our sponsors, the Project Cube, named Mobile U, will be equipped with the hottest products, from the hottest manufactures in the aftermarket.

Follow us through the build, as we will provide the latest information on NEW product development and release dates. When all is said and done, Mobile U will be on display in the Falken Tire Booth (Booth # 43025) at the 2009 SEMA Show! Also to be featured in popular magazine titles such as Import Tuner and Performance Auto & Sound Magazine.

While you are there, come check out Auto-Tech Interior's/ STRI's booth (Booth #24619) where the complete STRI High Performance Gauge line and various ATI products will be on display!

We are excited to bring this project to life and provide high quality products to the Cube market.

Confirmed Project Sponsors include (not limited to):

NISSAN OF AMERICAAUTOTECH INTERIORSSTRI HIGH PERFORMANCE GAUGESFALKEN TIRESSR WHEELSTEIN HIGH PERFORMANCE SUSPENSIONK&N INTAKE/FILTERSDC SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEMSMISHIMOTO RADIATORSJVC AUDIOBEAN GARAGEAUTO FASHIONK2 SNOWBOARDS AND BIKESYAKIMAWET OKOLE Seat CoversNOS

Stay tuned, coming next.....TESTING at TEIN Sept. 14-18

Modified by Team ATI at 5:40 PM 9/10/2009

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

Awesome!!! I am looking forwards to more updates/pics.

elDizzle_foShizzle
Car: 09 Cube 1.8SL

excited to see what big budgets, deep pockets and great imagination will produce!

1HoTcUbE
Car: 09 Cube

Awsome! Im glad you guys are doing this! This means that we will final get some aftermarket support for our cubes!

Thank you! and also the mock up looks awsome!

Team ATI

1HoTcUbE wrote:Awsome! Im glad you guys are doing this! This means that we will final get some aftermarket support for our cubes!

Thank you! and also the mock up looks awsome!
Thanks!! Thats is definitely our plan, to get high quality products made for the Cube community. Will be back with more information on which products will be available.

Team ATI

elDizzle_foShizzle wrote:excited to see what big budgets, deep pockets and great imagination will produce!
Thanks!! With the economy the way it is, generating build budgets are always a challenge. Our build will be very affordable and based off the idea that modifying or personalizing the Cube is unique to its owner.

Its all about having parts available, so when one is ready to personalize, there are options. We will do our best to assure that high quality products, yet at reasonable prices, are made for Cube owners.

Thanks again!!!!

cubeperformance.com
Car: Nissan Versa, Titan, 300ZX TT

1HoTcUbE wrote:Awsome! Im glad you guys are doing this! This means that we will final get some aftermarket support for our cubes!Thank you! and also the mock up looks awsome!
There have been items available for the Cube since introduction including but not limited to items from NISMO Japan, Tanabe, Tein, KSport, DC Sport etc. so no waiting.

Team ATI

PART II: SUSPENSION TESTING COMPLETE

Back from a date with TEIN USA! Testing at TEIN took an unexpected twist when the VERSA suspension we planned on using just did not work . It was a difference in vehicle corner weight that caused the Cube’s ride quality, while on the VERSA suspension, to be very unpleasant, calling for immediate attention.

The Type Basic coil-over, which is a height adjustable, fully re-buildable coil-over designed to function at lower ride heights is what we were working with. Picture: TEIN vs OEM: Shorten strut body/ stroke vs. OEM design allows for appropriate suspension travel at lowered ride heights.

Luckily, TEIN’s ability to provide custom damping force and spring rates enabled them to dial up something comfortable, yet stable, very quickly. We will be sure keep everyone posted on the development of this kit or feel free to visit http://www.tein.com for more information.

When all was said and done, our Steel Gray Cube sat nicely waiting for its next modification.

Stay tuned, coming next….testing results at DC sport and the arrival of ATI’s NEW proto-type Grill!!!

cubeperformance.com
Car: Nissan Versa, Titan, 300ZX TT

"It was a difference in vehicle corner weight that caused the Cube’s ride quality, while on the VERSA suspension, to be very unpleasant, calling for immediate attention".

This is why it's "Coil Overs" so that you can corner weight the car when you put it on scales and what we do with all our Race Cars and why there adjustable NOT for it's comfort but balancing the car out so that at the race track the car will be as neutral handling as possible and you can adjust them either via shock adjustment or spring perch adjustment....IF you want more over or under steer......this is what "Coil Overs" were intended to be used for and not just a "lowering" instrument for show.

Team ATI

cubeperformance.com wrote:"It was a difference in vehicle corner weight that caused the Cube’s ride quality, while on the VERSA suspension, to be very unpleasant, calling for immediate attention".

This is why it's "Coil Overs" so that you can corner weight the car when you put it on scales and what we do with all our Race Cars and why there adjustable NOT for it's comfort but balancing the car out so that at the race track the car will be as neutral handling as possible and you can adjust them either via shock adjustment or spring perch adjustment....IF you want more over or under steer......this is what "Coil Overs" were intended to be used for and not just a "lowering" instrument for show.
Very well put....its all about the ability to adjust traction. Nothing beats having a selection of different spring rates to chose from and the ability to change shim specs. in house!

It is indeed very true, that you get what you pay for

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

well......is like someone already posted somewhere else here!!!neither the cube or the versa are cars intended to build as pocket rocketsif we as cube owners help to develop any new parts for other cube drivers then our job is done, now if a cube driver or versa driver wants to play speed racer on the tracks then thats a whole diferent story, but when it comes about coilovers WHAT car doesnt have coils?i seen the most unexpected cars rocking coilovers so cube wasnt gona stay behind specially when is taking over everybodys atention by the end of the year you gona see as much parts for the cube than what you can find for a honda civic piece of show yes you must call it like that my freaking IMPUL kit is costing me $4,000 of course i wanna show it heeell yeah!!!!

KEEP ON GOING ATI, you guy makes cube drivers proud

Team ATI

Thanks damian666robin..we certainly will continue to push! Its all about giving Cube owners options, from wild to mild!

By the way, love the Impul Kit, go for it!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Looks like I may need to "step up my game" on the cubedriver.com Project Car!

Team ATI

AZhitman wrote:Looks like I may need to "step up my game" on the cubedriver.com Project Car!
lol, one love. Its great that we all have Cube projects in the works! If there is any way we can help, please feel free to let us know. Thanks!!

damian666robin

Team ATI wrote:
lol, one love. Its great that we all have Cube projects in the works! If there is any way we can help, please feel free to let us know. Thanks!!
sponsor me with some gauges lol! joking!

Team ATI

Back again and the build is moving along nicely.....

Part III: DC Sport Exhaust and Strut Bar Testing complete

Although the Cube will rarely, if at all, see a track day, it never hurts to have great performance features for the same price as other performance parts our on the market. With that in mind, DC Sport had a lot to offer...

- Exhaust system Measurements: Measurements were taken to insure perfect fitment and exhaust sound quality.

- Muffler Style selection: Exhaust/ Muffler upgrade to create a sport-style appeal, by adding a stylish, stainless steel muffler and moderate horse power gains.

- Light weight muffler, never hurts to lose weight.

Also tested: -Type CS2 strut tower bar: Rigid two point, steel strut tower bar with welded mounts. Reinforced bar to ensure rigidity.

Welded mounts provide less flex when compared to other Strut Bars that are bolted to the mount.

Hood stand mount relocation: Allows for continued use of the OEM hood stand.

ALSO

NEW!! ATI Cube Grille- BlackAuto-tech Interiors’ very own front grille.- Made of high impact ABS plastic- Simple and easy installation, no modifications required.- UV additives: Protection against UV color fade and warping.- Precision injected molded: Ensures perfect and consistent fit.

Perfect fit, easy installation with no modifications

Textured ensuring a clean styling and personalization

Stay tuned, coming next….seat covers by WET OKOLE and body kit time by Nissan of America

damian666robin

mmmhh! i contacted the guys from dc sport myself about the strut bar and for my bad luck they dont have them in stock for the next 2 months.one thing i didnt like is the fact that they did confirmed me that in order to use their strut bar we have to cut the oem hood prop!

myself i dont mind cutting it since i have hood dampers and i dont use that hood prop at all but im not sure how many other cube guys are gona like the fact that they need to cut parts off their car to fit aftermarket pieces!

gotta have to chase for one that fits in just for the cube itself just like with the coilovers and the bracket for the brake kit the cube haves shown that we cant really rely a 100% on versa parts is just a 50/50 chance!

Team ATI

damian666robin wrote: mmmhh! i contacted the guys from dc sport myself about the strut bar and for my bad luck they dont have them in stock for the next 2 months.one thing i didnt like is the fact that they did confirmed me that in order to use their strut bar we have to cut the oem hood prop!

myself i dont mind cutting it since i have hood dampers and i dont use that hood prop at all but im not sure how many other cube guys are gona like the fact that they need to cut parts off their car to fit aftermarket pieces!

gotta have to chase for one that fits in just for the cube itself just like with the coilovers and the bracket for the brake kit the cube haves shown that we cant really rely a 100% on versa parts is just a 50/50 chance!
We hear ya there. Good news is that DC Sports is looking to make a bracket for the hood stand. This may take some time, but something we (ATI and DC Sport) have discussed about doing.

In the meantime, hopefully Cube owners are able to do some research before buying parts designed for other vehicles, such as the Versa or even the Japan spec. Cube for that matter.

While in theory, many parts should fit, there are variables such as different safety standards (US vs Japan), motor size and measurements that could affect product liability......just some food for thought.

1HoTcUbE
Car: 09 Cube

wow crazy! looks great!

TBrack
Car: none

looking forward to a bike rack

Team ATI

1HoTcUbE wrote:wow crazy! looks great!
Thank you! We will have more updates next week, stay tuned

Team ATI

TBrack wrote:looking forward to a bike rack
Nice! We will have certainly one, complements of Yakima, on this Cube as well. Will be sure to post an update as soon as the Yakima parts are ready to go

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Can you get some pics up with the strut in?

ViolentRunning13

Can we get a full front shot with the grill intalled? I am quite interested...

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

Is that grille a full replacement or just an overlay?

phreakanimal

http://beangarage.com/blog/?p=282

It is a full replacement.

ViolentRunning13

I cant decided if I like that or not. Hmmm.

Team ATI

Awesome, thank you Bean Garage!!!

Team ATI

Failed to "QUOTE"; to Kromcube "Can you get some pics up with the strut in?"

Sure no problem...we were guessing struts were in reference to the suspension?

STOCK

TEIN Type Basic (CUBE specific item)

Thanks!

Team ATI

ESP wrote:Is that grille a full replacement or just an overlay?
Yep, as Bean Garage mentioned, the grille will be a full replacement, injection molded with ABS plastic.

Return to “Cube Forum”