Auto drive positioner problem on M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
boz94086

Hi,

I'm noticing some strange things with the memory settings/auto drive positioner in my car. Here is what happens: sometimes, when I unlock the door of my M45 with the door handle request button (I rarely use the buttons on the intelligent key fob itself and I only use one fob since I'm the only driver), I can see the steering wheel/driver's seat move from the easy entry/exit position to my programmed position (well, I assume it is my programmed position, it's hard to tell since I'm not in the car yet at this point) and right after that, they go back to the easy entry/exit position (wheel all the way up, seat all the way back). Then, when I start the car, the wheel/seat go back to my programmed setting again! I'm really confused. This really happens randomly. Just now I unlocked and locked the car at least 10 times in a row and I did not see it happen... But in the last week it happened maybe 4-5 times. Any ideas?Another person reported the same problem on a 2005 Maxima on another board, along with other strange issues like mirrors moving by themselves while driving...

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I am going to link this thread to the other one in Infiniti Online Mechanic (which is a perfectly fine place to ask this question too!): zerothread?id=144073

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Hi,

My M35 seems to be okay in this department... unless I am not paying enough attention to it. I'll start looking, and let you know.

boz94086

Thank you Larry. Someone else on another board reported this on their M as well... Not a big deal but I'd like to understand the problem!

nicolasj
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 (non-sport)

Was wondering if someone else was noticing a similar problem? My auto drive positioner has starting to act up again after months of normal behavior. This is baffling... Thanks for any input you might have.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”