Auto Dipping MY Grill on 2012 m37

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Kprad12
Car: Infiniti M37

do you guys think a gunmetal grill will go well with the platinum silver on my car or should i go for the glossy black
Thx for the help(found this forum a day ago looks great)

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You posted in the wrong forum. Moving to the correct forum.

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

Would depend on the rest of the scheme you're going for for your car..wouldn't look bad I don't think.

Maybe the same color versus the gunmetal..

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Well, the beauty of Plasti-dip/auto dip is that if you don't like it - peel it off and start again with a different color. All you've lost is some time and the cost of the dip. You could try taking a photo of the front of your car and then photo-shopping some different looks to your grill to see which one you like the most.

JMHO, I think it depends what you plan on doing with the other black bits/chrome bits on the front of the car. I personally like the blacked out grill with the stealth, blacked out emblem too. I bought an aftermarket mesh grill for my M45 and plasti dipped everything black including the emblem that I had to add on, along with the chrome strip on the end of the hood. But the lower grills were black too so it flowed together. But it's your car, do what YOU like. Just remember to post pics when it's all said and done...so we can critique it - jk. Good luck with whatever you decide

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

My car is moonlight white pearl. A grille 100% dipped makes a huge impression and looks great - especially if you do the hood trim piece. I decided (mostly just to be unique) to dip the grille in black, but leave the chrome surround and hood untouched. I also left just a small amount of the leading edge of the cross bars in chrome. On the emblem, I did the bit that attaches it to the grille, but left the front surface chrome.
Gun Metal would not look good on a white car, but on a silver car, it might look very good. I would recommend 5 coats (one car should do it) and then top with one or two coats of metalizer just to help it pop.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”