auto crossing the 2.5 coupe

All things Altima Coupe.
sherman89

Is anyone out ther in NICO land autocrossing a 2010-2013 coupe with 2.5 manual tranny?

sherman89

I autoxed a Copper S for a few seasons and am now looking for a new project and I am now looking at a 2010 Altima coupe 2.5 with a manual transmission to run in G Stock class. I don't see a bunch of people jumping in here to voice their opinions and experiences.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I don't think there are many NICO member Alti coupe owners that autocross their coupes. there might be a few that do who'll hopefully chime in. That's not to suggest the manual coupe cannot be competitive in G solo. As info, NICO hosts a big annual autocross event at Carlisle Fairgrounds every May during the Import and Performance show. (all make cars welcome, no classes, no mod restrictions, any level experience, unlimited runs over 3 days). Back in 2010-2012, I saw many Coupe owners run their cars there. But that number has declined over the last few years. But there are almost always Mini owners that run in that event. G solo is a pretty large class with several Nissan options. Having tossed most of the eligible "G" Nissan models around the Carlisle autocross course, I really like the Alti coupe. It's a fun car. But I'm wondering if a 240sx might be a better project choice for G solo than an Alti coupe. Food for thought.

sherman89

I would think that the big drawback would be that a LSD is not standard in the manual tranny.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”