Auto Carrygoing to get my carry permit

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
keng52
Car: 06 Frontier

I'm going to get my carry permit soon and I was wondering how you guys travel with your gun in your cars?

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

depends on the state you're going to.

it's different state to state and not all states will recognize your permit.

give this thread another day or so and we'll have someone that can better address the issue cough..repo...alan...bud...Bo..cough cough.

keng52
Car: 06 Frontier

I live in Georgia now. What I really wanted to ask was, Where do you keep your pistol in your Frontier? Is there a good place to conceal it where you have quick access? The passsenger seat has a small pocket on the side does anyone use this or have modded a special place in their vehicle?I was wondering also if anyone has had their frontier broken into and the thief missed the storage above the glove box?

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

fair enough.

does it have a pocket in the door panel?

some people also get creative and make holster mounts in their vehicles too..

bobotech

In WA, the CC rules are quite lenient. I can carry anywhere in the car I want. If I'm going to the range, I will put the baby into the hard case and throw next to me or in the back seat. If I have my carry gun with me, I will just keep it in my pocket or throw it on the seat next to me.

Nothing particularly problematic when you have your carry permit in WA.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

I have a setup where a holster is glued to the underside of my dash, beneath and to the right of the wheel. It's positioned such that I only have to reach down, wrap my hand around the grip, and pull it out, no contortions to get at it. I used to use sticky-sided velcro but that would come lose after a while. Before that, I just kept it underneath the passenger seat out of easy reach. Careful though as there are laws saying you aren't supposed to have easy access to the weapon. But I worry about what happens If I really need it one day...do I have to scramble around the floor of my car to get my weapon out? Bah.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”