Australian Ka24 e to Turbo

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
ReperD21
Car: Nissan D21

ok ive looked through most of these posts an found some interesting info but im now looking to put all these pieces together to make this work

ok i live in australia an drive a SOHC D21 duel cab ute now ive looked an the ka24 australian delivered has a throttle body like a carby need the intake manifold like the 240sx in america an then a turbo manifold turbo ingectors com ect

so im asking 1 dose anyone know any web site or place to get inlet manifold or has one for sale an what other cars i can get the rest out of what i need to finish the conversition off with im only looking for 200 or above to make a wicked sleeper truck

thanks for reading an cheers for any help or info

neverlift

check the fs section here for the inlet mani

as for the turbo mani what size turbo jgs has a good log kit for the sohc. You will make 200 on 5-6psi mate:)

Injectors you can easily use dsm(eclipse turbo) injectors at 450cc to make you goal... You will need an ecu tune or work with an safc which may blow your ka...

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

You can also just use the factory truck intake manifold. Does it look like this?

If so you can just use something like this.

Then you could install a 6:1 FMU for fuel, which would allow you to keep the factory injectors. I'd recommend a 255lph fuel pump though regardless of whether or not you keep the factory injectors or swap in larger ones. The FMU is plug and play, meaning no tune required. Good for 8 psi of boost. The SOHC already has boost friendly compression, so no need for timing retard unless you want more then 8 psi of boost. In which case the FMU isn't a good choice either.

JGS would be a good place for a SOHC turbo/manifold/downpipe as recommended.

Welcome to NICO! :)

WD

ReperD21
Car: Nissan D21

Thanks guys it's Put more ideas in my head I've a tuner tHat will work on my car so the tune side of things are done an the hardware side i need to do ill keep at it an thanks agaiN

WDRacing

Keep us updated on your build, not too many hardbody builds these days.

Navmannissan
Car: 96 d21 ka25e soon to be t

Hey guys, same as reper, 96 d21 ka24 shoc, I'm under the impression that I can keep almost everything stock aslong as I don't go over 5psi, up the fuel pressure and that's it, I'm aiming for 230whp, please correct me if I'm wrong, and also would a gt2871 be a good size, thanks In advance.

WDRacing

Welcome to Nico!

The GT2871 is a great turbo for the KA. You're going to want a FMU, fuel management unit. The FMU is a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Which means for every 1 psi of boost it will increase the fuel pressure a predetermined amount. I'd say you're going to want a 6:1 ratio or 8:1 ratio.

Meaning they will increase the fuel pressure 6 psi for every 1 psi of boost. I would also highly recommend a new in tank fuel pump, summit sells a 255lph pump, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gss307/overview/ I don't think there is a better deal anywhere.

The FMU can be found online from several vendors. I only have experience with Vortec, but I hear that Blox and OBX are also reliable, but that is just from other members here.

You don't want to add boost without some sort of additional fuel.

Jmoore124
Car: 1995 240sx Ka-t
2003 Saab Linear turbo conv
(Sold) 1989 S13 red top

I second WD. Probably the most effective/cheap way to go for what your looking to do. I have a vortech fmu ill make you a hell of a deal on if your interested.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”