Audio question

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
trkinney2

New G35 owner!!! very happy so far

I was planning on putting subs in the trunk of my 03 coupe, but there are no outputs from the 6cd changer to go to my amp. Any suggestions?Thanks all...

Hookm36
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

you have to use a converter, i dont have the name of it. It usually gets hooked up from the rear speaker wires, and has 2 rca adapters. someone on here is sure to know the name, cant think of it right now

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I've done it with the stock bose. You just need to use the output from the rear seat "subs" for the amp input.

deanfootlong

i think what you're getting at here is something called a "high to low" converter. taps into your speaker wires and transfers it to an RCA output. you can pick them up at any audio shop

kmech_7
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe (Skyline) Vortech Supercharged Jul 08 ROTM

yes a high to low converter. make sure when istalled you use the post-amp wires off the rear speakers. the pre-amp signal is to weak.

welcome.

rg_g35x
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35X Ivory Pearl, Stone Interior

I'm not an audio expert, but I think it's a high-impedance to line-level adapter. I don't think that it's that the pre-amp signal is too weak - it's actually that taking the output from the speakers (high impedance) to a line-level input (pre-amp - low impedance) would actually be potentially damaging to the amp and/or the speakers. I would be cautious about taking the speaker-level to the line-level inputs on the amp without an adapter, or an amp that has separate inputs for low and high impedance.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

If you get an amp that will accept high-level inputs, a converter isn't necessary. I'm using MTX, and it works flawlessly!

smockers83
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

As Joe said, a converter isn't necessary if your amp is capable of accepting speaker-level inputs. If it is, most likely your amp should have came with a wiring harness and you just tap into your factory speaker wires and plug the harness into the amp. If your amp is able to do that, go that route instead of finding the converter. But if you need the converter, here's what you're looking for: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r...avf=N

kmech_7
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe (Skyline) Vortech Supercharged Jul 08 ROTM

i have 2 comp. 12" boss audio 1500w gt's in my trunk with 2 boss audio 1500 amps and a cap. dont do the straight inputs. the signal is weeker and you wont get a strong bass note. this pulles to much off the rear speakers. if you put in the hig to low converter it has a built in modulator to increase the signal without degrading the other signals. i have a total of 3000w in there. this solution is the best for hard hitting bass with a stock head unit.

crna1
Car: 2003 infiniti G35 Coupe

here's the best thing (for a little extra money)..lose the bose amp, replace it with a JL Audio Cleansweep..converts the head unit output to clean line level, then just istall amps, speakers, whatever

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”