ATTN: Eric

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

When you took your car in for emissions testing, what was your setup? I'm looking at moving up to the DC metro area, and I'll have to get smogged. So far, the car has retained it's original emissions equipment except for the AIV.

vwluv10338

What engine do you have? The only emissions equipment on a redtop are AIV, charcoal canister, cat. The blacktops have an egr system which the KA also has. The only thing I was worried about with emissions was that my NOx wouldnt pass because I had a red top with no egr and my limits were based on a car that had one. I wasnt worried about the AIV because that only affects warm up. Anyway the short version..... My car passed with nothing but a cat that I bought at Pepboys for $120. I just took out my test pipe and bolted in the cat. I had no EGR, AIV, or charcoal canister. At that time the only mods I had were a K&N, 3in downpipe, and cat back. I was worried when they were doing the dyno trace because they guy was laying into the throttle, I think he was having fun. From experience I can tell you that a new cat can do amazing things. I ran a new cellica on a dyno test with one ignition coil unplugged and it passed. Sure the cat was red hot and may never work well again but hey it passed.

Eric

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

my setup is pretty much exactly like that. no AIV or charcoal canister, stock cat, and 2.5" exhaust system. I've been toying with the idea of putting the airbox back in it when it comes time to see if that helps anything, but we'll see

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”