ATTENTION EVERYONE-- SCAM ARTISTS BEWARE!!!!!!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
JebsNYCQ45
Car: 1994 q45

well as you all know ive been selling my Q45 parts here at nico. and about a month and a half ago i had recieved a message from some under the email address named GEORGE BRUCE. who claimed that he wanted to buy all of my q45 parts in one shot., and did not care about how much i was asking or not. he said he had got my name and email address off of NICOCLUB.COM which is the only place where i listed my parts for sale. SO HE IS IN FACT LEARKING AROUND THIS SIGHT LOOKING TO SCAM ON POSSIBLY YOU. what he did was say that his client owes him some money and that he wanted his client to send me the money that he owed him. which was an obscene ammount of money(somewhere around $8000. what he wants you to do is deposite the check that you get and then give his shipping agent the remaining balance so he can have the parts shipped to him. the point is that the CHECK his client is sending you is fake fraud foney ,,,,NOT REAL. and if you try and deposit the check it will clear. but since the check is a foriegn check (which is actually my fault for even excepting) it will not bounce untill a month later, after you give him the money for the shipping and or ship the parts the check bounces and then you are responsible for that money what ever ammount that cleared....

I BEG OF EVERYONE PLEASE BEWARE

im sure im not the 1st one he tried to do this to.his contact information if seen is [email protected]

and here are just a few of his emails that he sent me.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply,i really appreciate it.Pls let mehave the whole list of the part you have and the totalprice,I will like to know the present condition andthe pics if possible,I am not presently in town now,as i am on a business trip in Southwales,uk.

Concerning the shipping, i will be responsible forit.I will await your prompt reply.

My regards to you and your family,

George

Thanks for the urgent reply, Pls i will like you togive me the total price of the part in your next emailco's i am willing to purchase everything.Hope to hearfrom you soonest.George

Dear Jeremy,I am very sorry for my late reply, My client informed me that the payment as been issue out to you and it will get to you by this weekend or next week tuesday. So be expecting it as soon as possible and as soon as you receive it i will like you inform me immediately. Thanks and hope to read from you soonest.Regards to you and your family.George

Dear Jeremy, How are you and your family, hope everything is ok? Pls i will like to know if you have receive the check. Pls update me as soon as possible.I hope to receive an urgent reply from you immediately.Thanks once again and God bless.My regards to you and your family. George

Dear Jeremy, Thanks for the reply,i really appreciate it,i will like you to go ahead and deduct the amount for the part as well as the bank charges and send the remaining balance to my shippers,so that they can make use of it to pay and make arrangements to come over for the pick-up.The bank information is a s follows:

CORRESPONDING BANK OF BENEFICIARY'S BANK NAME OF BANK: JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, NEW YORK ADDRESS: 4, NEW YORK PLAZA, NEW YORK, N.Y.10004, USA S.W.I.F.T:CHAS US 33 ACCOUNT NUMBER WITH CORRESPONDING BANK: 400927098 BENEFICIARY'S BANK: ALFA-BANK MOSCOW S.W.I.F.T: ALFARUMM BENEFICIARY'S ACCOUNT NUMBER:42601840604800000084 ACCOUNT NAME: ADEWALE OLUWAYINKA AWONIYI I will like the transfer done today,I will await your urgent reply..RegardsGeorge

also here is a copy of the check that he or his elegid client sent me.....it is fraud. i already reported it to the FBI. if anyone has any problems with a situation like this please report it to the authoritys as soon as possible.
Modified by JebsNYCQ45 at 9:33 PM 4/2/2006

Jesda

Thanks for the heads up man. After being burned on eBay, I no longer sell to foreigners, including Canadians.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

They used to run these scams on Craigslist.org all the time, but they've since put a stop to it. Might want to read through this and see if any of it sounds familiar http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

1990flatblack240
Car: 240sx

I hope you didn't get screwed out of your money.

Maybe you can track his IP from the e-mails and give it to a mod so they can figure out who it was.

JebsNYCQ45

I ACTUALLY HAVE A COUSIN WHO WORKS FOR THE FBI AND HES IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. BUT IF ANYONE CAN GET INTOUCH WITH THE NICOCLUB SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS AND HAVE THEM HAVE THIS POST AS A STICKY OR JUST LOCK IT INTO THE FORUM SO IT IS ALWAYS ON TOP OFF ALL THE OTHER POSTS, IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR PEOPLE TO SEE AND READ. BECAUSE THIS GUY GOT MY INFO OFF OF THIS SITE AND I KNOW HES LERKING AROUND LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO SKEEM ON.... BUT NO I DIDNT LET ANY PARTS GO. IT JUST SOUNDED TO GOOD TO BE TRUE..

BUT IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY PARTS I HAVE A POST IN THE NICO INFINITI CLASSIFIEDS JUST LET ME KNOW

mcrews
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

probably need to post as a permanent on the buy/sell page

mark

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

They're still running it on craigslist. I had two identical emails about a van I was selling for my parents and the seats I'm trying to sell. I sent a reply asking why they didn't want to buy "Q1" too! I had all of them listed at the same time...

Thanks for posting the heads-up... seems like Jesda had a similar experience. Never got to the point where he got the "check"

Might be interesting to play these things to that point to see if the FBI or Secret Service can hunt any of these bastards down...

Heath

defrag010

Q45Racing
Car: 1991 Q45t w/HICAS STILLEN CAI, JWSTB, CALI CUSTOM, TOKICO

So far I have not been scammed. I do my business part time from home, and have a legitimate business and resellers liscense in the state of florida. I know my website has been lagging, but i really have too much info to put online do to all the established dealer acct i have set up thru out the usa with legitimate companies.... I mainly deal with paypal or cod or check is ok but no item is shipped until after the check has cleared the senders bank... been on the internet too long to see all of these scam, including postal money orders which look real... I work for the post office so we get alerted on these scam asap..... but the best way to get money is thru a wire transfer, which is bank to bank.....but yes be very careful about foreign buyers, i get emails all the time asking for alpine and pioneer stuff going to singapore and others, but after i lay down the rules regarding special order, non cancellable and non refundable unless a manufacturers defect, they pretty much go away..I'm here in Orlando and the import scene is pretty hot here and I get alot of sale face to face, or thru word of mouth, my son has a new 2005 Spec V and it seems likes he knows all of the spec v owners in orlando, use to have a honda crx which we blew up the motor racing at the track, sold it for 300 and got the Spec V. Pretty quick car I might say.

As I said My Q is down and out for a rebuild, and yes I'm rebuilding for a turbocharger set up, that why Ive been looking for a second used engine to use as a spare incase i blow this one up..... but still have a long way to go, doing the work myself, between work, plus teaching tae kwon do part time, were getting for the south east area jr olympics qualifier in may, and Team Q racing I stay pretty busy.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

defrag010 wrote:http://www.419eaters.com
Don't want to get scammed??

READ THIS SITE THOROUGHLY!!!!

do it for yourself.......

I have been around this site for quite a while, and found it to be an invaluable resource.....

Learn the way they speak and type...like this...

"How are you and your family, hope everything is ok? Pls i will like to know if you have receive the check."

Always start with a polite informal question like " How are you and your family"OR"Hope you are well" bad grammar

(stars next to errors)*i (I) *will (would) like to know if you have *recieve (recieved) the check"

Not very good english for someone who claims to be a resident of the UK

Western Union Money Orders are moot... NEVER accept one.... I wouldn't even accept one from someone I trust...

These emails are full of scammer cliches......

PS..... " ACCOUNT NAME: ADEWALE OLUWAYINKA AWONIYI"

Alarm bells should be ringing.....

Nigerian name.....

JebsNYCQ45

thats definitly everything that i got out of this guy. thanks for the heads up on that.. i think my cousin said that she and or a few of her agents had gottin a lead on that email address and account number from the one he had sent. i let you guys know if i hear anything... and can someone please get this topic up as a permanent one... i dont know how....................thanks to all the NICOCLUB members,,,,,,,, your input is greatly appreciated-------> Jeremy, JebsnycQ45!

Rex
Car: None

This isn't a new scam, sending "overpayments" is been around for years and creating a sticky about it would make it look like we just discovered electricity or something .

Each member has the option to hide or display their email address in their profile, we'd like to hide them unless you're a registered and logged in member, but that feature doesn't exist.

jedi_sol
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45

This is not new, if you have been around on ebay long enough, you will run into one of these scammers sooner or later.

Funny story: My first time on ebayI was selling my broken cell phone and this person sent me an email OUTSIDE OF EBAY (which is a big NO NO) offering to pay me $2500 for my broken phone. Same story as you, somebody owed him money in the states, blah blah blah. I was new to ebay so I actually believed him and set up a deal.

A few days later, I read up on this scam in further detail and realized that I myself was about to get scammed. Finally, about 3 months later, the money order arrived and I replied to the scammer that I was going to rip up his money order. He replied back and gave me this 2 page sob story that his daughter is dying of cancer in Africa but he was on a business trip in Australia and that her dying wish was to own this particular model cell phone. And that was the last of it.

James

qsiguy
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45 Turbo

jedi_sol wrote:He replied back and gave me this 2 page sob story that his daughter is dying of cancer in Africa but he was on a business trip in Australia and that her dying wish was to own this particular model cell phone....

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”