Atlanta/East Coast meet

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
R240NA

Since the 2003 Convention was such a great time, I'm throwing another big meet, only this time I'm letting the plan be easier. On May 8th-9th, Road Atlanta will be having their second Track Days event of the year. You can get more details here: http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays.asp, but basically it's an open track event for anyone with experience to drive their own car and learn a little about running on a course. Those interested can sign up through that link, and pay directly. We've done this several times with the locals and have always had a good turnout and lots of fun, and with it being a defined event those who choose to run may do so at their own will and pace, the rest of event attendees can spectate, socialize, and ride passenger with other drivers. There's a large lot behind the stands to park, meet and greet, and take pics, and there's an hour lunch break provided so we can all have time to eat and relax. Since we're in the Northern part of the state, I'd like to finish the day off with a mountain run, up through Route 61 like we did at Convention. This would make for a VERY enjoyable day for those who don't run the track, and give everyone plenty of seat time behind the wheel. For those traveling, you'll still have all day Sunday to drive home. I'd like to hear who's interested, the East Coast crew had better show up, along with you lame *** Florida boys. Everyone is invited for this one.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

I'll be ther, RA only atkes me 40 minutes from my house, which, if you seem cool, you can drink beer at maybe..

(MAYBE!)

seriously, all true enthusiests(sp?) should attend, if just to watch jerome wipe out :p-chet

krazy skwerel
Car: 1989 240sx Coupe down for the count, 2005 Honda Accord, 1974 Mustang II

Well seems there are a whole lot of events in this general area in march and april. If time permits I'll run down to atlanta. Always cool to hang out with nico folks, and a chance to run my car on the track would be awsome.

Exar-Kun

*bump*

come on, I know there's more people who can make an atlanta area meet!-chet

Toad[^_^]

Exar-Kun wrote:*bump*

come on, I know there's more people who can make an atlanta area meet!-chet

[-_-]ZzzYeah.. I'll go if I'm not working. Where is it again. (broken link)

R240NA

I'd like to update this for those interested in running on the track.Road Atlanta has a Track Days 6 times a year, and it's a great chance to get driving experience on a real track. However, the event is considered driving instruction, and it NOT competitve. They have three groups to run in, Touring, Intermediate, and Advanced. For anyone who has not had track experience, or has limited feel for the limits/capabilities of your car, I strongly recommend you to sign up for the Touring group. This is a lead-follow group only, no passing is allowed, but you will still get 4 sessions on the track and a good classroom session before running. The Intermediate and Advanced groups allow for passing on straights, but only under optimum conditions, and under close control of the track officials. Improper/reckless driving is not allowed. Although it sounds like less of a challenge than an all out race, there has never been a time that I've gone where a wreck did not occur, either through careless/unsafe driving, or lack of driver skill. If you're a qualified driver, this is the ultimate opportunity, but agreed it's not for everyone. Those who aren't comfortable with the risk or cost can still ride along with other drivers if they choose. It's a thrill just to spectate as well, so for those not considering actually running, it's still worth the drive just to be there, and to meet and spend time with other enthusiasts.I want to make that clear because we like to keep our reputation there a good one, stuffing cars into walls is not only damaging to yourself, but to all of us as well. Burnouts/stunts in the parking lot are strictly prohibited also. While I welcome everyone to attend, those who can't act right will be asked to leave, both by local 240 owners, and I'm certain the police as well.The mountain drive will strictly be a drive. Anyone wanting to exceed the speed limits will do so at your own choice, and risk. Depending on time, and traffic, we might cut it short to make a trip back to Dave & Busters for a night of games, food, and drinks. This is not a set schedule, nor is it all mandatory. I'm simply inviting others to enjoy a good weekend with other enthusiasts, we can have 3 cars or 300, the main point is to have a good time.

Exar-Kun

w00t. well said russ.-chet

R240NA

One more notation.There is no money involved for this event, other than your own gas and food. I'm assuming if there's enough out of towners, we can crash a hotel, but again I'm not taking any funds, everyone is on their own for setup. I can locate a decent place to crash, but you guys can make reservations on your own. I'll update what I find later on.The track event will require a payment, but that's only if you're running, and you will pay Road Atlanta directly for that, before the event. They have a cutoff date, should be mid-April at latest, but you can call them and see what spots are still available. I'm only extending the invitation to others, I'm in no way an organizer or coordinator here.

9095240SXDUCK
Car: 240SXs

Me and my GF should be there!

R240NA

Update:I'm giving up on this meet, due to severe lack of interest and the typical slander I've come to expect from the community. Everyone is welcome to come out for the weekend, but I won't be helping plan or arrange anything. Anybody coming into town can call me and we'll hang out.

Return to “Central Region”