as Jeremy Clarkson puts it, “POWER!!”

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
InfinitiQ45F50Owner
Car: F50 Infiniti q45

This isn’t vehicle specific, but it is affecting my car which is a specific model. Sometimes m car feels like it has significantly more power than other times. Once I left a corner store and just pushing the throttle a little too much I got tons of wheel spin, but then one day I was filming a school project with a few friends and we did a “race” scene, and I went for a wheel spin start, but no matter what I did, I couldn’t get enough power to spin the wheels at all, and even when it got moving it felt extremely sluggish. I have a video my friend took of me putting my foot down all the way and it looks like the car is barely moving. So basically, some days it almost feels like a hundred horsepower difference. It’s ridiculous sometimes. Yes my engine is misfiring, and it’s not spark plugs or ignition coils because they’re all new. Again this isn’t vehicle specific but I’m asking so hopefully someone way smarter then me possibly knows why or has had a similar problem and found a fix for it.

EdBwoy

Well, the misfiring is key information to note. It simply means your engine isn't delivering the power it is meant to be delivering as efficiently as it should. No surprise it doesn't jump up and go all the time.

Please get your car scanned for codes and note them down or post them here for us to give more pointed advice.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”