Armada engine shuts off a few seconds after it starts

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
FairladyS30
Car: 2004 Nissan "Pathfinder" Armada

Hey everyone, new member here, thanks for reading.

I have a 2004 Armada that died while I was driving. It felt like the fuel pump shut off. It'll start momentarily (starts good, like it should), then as few seconds shuts off. As if something is shutting off the fuel pump right after starting.

I've done many searches, and found a few topics regarding the ipdm ecm relay. I switched that out but no change. I've changed the crank sensor and fuel pump but it's doing the same thing.

I read that the IPDM itself could be a culprit, but the Nissan tech I had check the car out said that's unlikely. He ran the consult and there aren't any codes. I really can't afford to get into the "guess what component is broken" game, so I'm hoping someone has an idea I haven't yet considered.

This doesn't sound too uncommon, so I'm hoping someone sheds some light on this topic.

Thanks in advance!

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Did the Nissan tech rule out the obvious, like a defective fuel pressure regulator or clogged fuel filter? Did the Nissan tech, using the Consult II diagnostic system, only check for trouble codes and nothing else?

FairladyS30
Car: 2004 Nissan "Pathfinder" Armada

I've traced it down to the ECM at this point. I installed the replacement unit but I need him to program the ECM and keys.

To answer your question, yes he real codes but none appeared which is why I suspect the ECM. The Armada fuel pressure is electronically controlled and that's the other part I was suspecting, but I think it's the ECM so I changed that first.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”