Arkham Origins

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

As a Batman/Arkham-series fan, I was really looking forward to this game. Wish I hadn't ordered it from Amazon, and had waited for the initial reviews. Somewhat disappointed. Online mode is pretty cool, and I've put quite a few hours into it. If Arkham City never existed, this game would be pretty good. But after that masterpiece, my standard is high.

Controls don't feel as fluid and tight as before. The grapple gun is a little frustrating. In City, it was possible to grapple and connect to almost anything. You really felt like you could do anything, climb and glide anywhere. Here, it seems to be very picky about what you can and can't connect to.

I'm probably going to finish the story tonight and trade it in towards BF4.

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

Yeah its hard to do much after deathstroke beats you into bat goo

therealbry
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

They just made this game to tie over people until the new batman game comes out in a year or two from now, they always do that. Origins wasn't even made by Rocksteady. Ill think ill wait until the price drops to 20 if i even purchase it

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

This seems to be the concensus everywhere: it lacks the extra "something" that made Arkham Asylum so special and it's also not the sequel anyone really wanted anyway. It'll bring in the dough to support the next Rocksteady game, though.

RCA

I think because it's a different developer behind it, they didn't want to change much about the Batman formula.

They would have gotten flac if it were too different. and flac for doing the same thing.

That being said, the combat was soo boring. 50% of the game is you in a room with a ton of baddies that you just beat up on OR you in a room with baddies with weapons that require you to stealthily go form gargoyle to gargoyle slowly taking people out. Copperhead, and Joker cut scenes were awesome and the "crime scene breakdown" mode was really nice. I hope that makes it's way to the next batman projects. The game is in a tough place, if it were the first batman to come out then it would have been heralded as a great game. Unfortunately it was released after two stellar batman titles so it is looked on as mediocre.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Funny, I've heard that both Arkham Origins and AC4: Black Flag are the weakest in each of their lines yet they're selling pretty well. Who's buying this rehashed crap?

Early adopter fanboy that I am, I've pretty much curtailed all my purchases until Destiny and Thief 4 drop next year...and most likely won't pick up a next-gen console until they do.

Return to “Gaming”