April TWR Drive - Spring Carbon Cleaning

Including AK, WA, OR, ID, MT, and WY
kristopher_d

29 April

Spring time is here, which means we're seeing generally warming weather. It's time to take our cars and clean out all that nasty winter carbon build-up. April will be taking us further west than we've been before. We're heading out to Pacific Beach, just north of Ocean Shores. The meeting place and start of the route are still to be determined, as are the last few turns at the end. Mostly, the start depends on where we want to drive from, Shelton, Olympia, or Tacoma. I'm pretty sure I can keep us on decent stuff no matter where we start.

Put the Spring Carbon Cleaning on your calendar. As usual, the details are posted at The-Windig-Road

kristopher_d

The start and end of the route are finished, and the Yahoo! overview map is posted. I'll be doing flip-card style maps for this run, but if you want one, please sign up at The Spring Carbon Cleaning Event Page.
Modified by kristopher_d at 11:11 AM 4/15/2007

kristopher_d

1 Day left to sign up. The weather forecasts are showing sun for Sunday, so plan on BBQing. Remember, if you don't sign up, it'll be tough to gage how many people are coming, and food quantities may suffer.

We still haven't seen any Nissan's yet, what'll it take to get you folks out on the road?

A couple of other notes. We'll be meeting a W Bay Marina instead of W Bay Park. Someone noticed that the park isn't open yet. The Marina is a just a short way North on W Bay Dr. Also, the directions have been updated to include a stop at Schafer State Park for lunch.

kristopher_d

A couple of last minute thoughts: If you have FRS/GMRS radios, please bring them. If not, don't sweat it. And as another member indicated, it's probably best to get any shopping you need to do done tonight. I just finished putting the map-books together and cleaning my grill, so now it's time for one more trip out to the store.

A few RX-8's are planning to meet in Renton at East Valley Cinema, right off 167/East Valley Hwy at 9:15, rolling at 9:30. I'm heading down a little earlier so I wont be at the Cinemas, but I hope to see lots of new faces tomorrow.

kristopher_d

Well, sorry no one here could make it. We had 3 S2000's, a WRX, an STI, 4 RX8's, and A 335i (damn that car is fast).

Pics of this months drive are up at http://www.the-winding-road.co...dateD

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Well crap. I really wish that I had looked in here more often. I would have been really happy to go along, especially since it started in my city. I'm so bummed. Well, I'll be looking in more often, and hoping to catch one that is not too far away.

Return to “Northwest Region”