applications of the ca18det

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
scuba_sean
Car: snowboarding, sailing

hey, i have a 1990 240sx, with the KA24E, and i wanna turbocharge it. somone told me that you can take the injectors off of the CA18DET. What car is it in that i could find in the junkyard?

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

nothing in North america is going to have those in it. Your best bet is a MKIII supra turbo or an RX-7 Turbo II.

I've got a freind who might have a set for sale, I am waiting to hear back from him.

later,

Paul

scuba_sean

hey, that is one hell of a huge turbo in your pic, do you have a hole in your hood or somehting? also, where did you run the piping for the intercooler, and is it a FMIC? thanks

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

it's a frontmount and it goes around the inside of the fenders, works pretty nice (stock battery location).

The turbo fits just fine :)

scuba_sean

so does the piping go under the headlights?

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

Paul, do you have any vacum diagrams, i have tons of vacum hose that i have no clue where they go , i did get spark an combustiond on my motor but no starting i think the timming is way off an the vacum pressure is keeping it from fully starting also are you still running the valve/regulator that comes attached to the ign chip and can i just plug all the vacumn ports on the intake side of the enging its under the plenum an has like 4 ports all togther

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”