APPLE DOES IT AGAIN

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

I own a 2013 M56xS and have an iPhone 8 plus.

It had worked like a champ, way better than the 6s I owned and more consistent streaming and calls.

I just did the new update 13.1.2, DON'T DO IT.

I can't get anything to function them out even caused my setting functions not to work. I turned off the phone to see if it needed to be "reset" NOTHING CHANGED.

Them I thought maybe my car was acting strangely so I disconnected the battery for a few minutes NOTHING CHANGED.

I'll be going to t-mobile and seeing if they can do anything then I'll need to go to the damn apple store and wait forever.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues or close to it?

Thanks
Andy

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

I'm experiencing similar issues and all are related to the new Apple iOS. I've got most of my functionality back by deleting the phone in the Bluetooth settings on the car and forgetting the car in Bluetooth on the phone. I then started over setting it up as a new phone. At this point it is still not 100% functional with the voice commands and for incoming callers it only displays the phone number. For example, when I say "call home" it calls a random person in my phone directory. It will also randomly switch back and forth from being connected to the car bluetooth. I've ended up going to wired headphones for important calls.

I don't think Apple has a fix for us yet. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250697111

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I'm sorry to hear of this trouble, but iF i'm honest, I'm not surprised. Apple designs everything they make to work ONLY with other Apple products. They are the only company who intentionally dose this. That is why I have never, and will never will buy anything they make. Another reason is the way Apple behaved in the terrorlst attack in California, not allowing authorities access to the phones used by the terrorists. After 14 people died, they refused to assist to prevent more deaths. In time, there will be a work around or an update that will fix these issues, but these problems are not a mistake or a glitch. They were engineered onto the phone either by design or because, frankly, they could not be bothered about compatibility outside their little Apple world. My HTC and my Samsung (androids) mesh immediately and easily with ANY car - even every rental car I hire when flying about the country. It has none of the features that are specific to Apple, but it also has none of the issues that Apple designs into their products.
Hopefully, the Apple peeps, or techies outside of Apple will have answers for you soon.

GMBQ70
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q70 3.7 AWD

Same here- ran the latest update and now the phone either won’t connect or if it does connect, it then disconnects.
I’ve been too busy the last few days to mess with it, and my try to delete the phone and reconnect.
Once I do I’ll report back.
Very frustrating :wtf2:

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

So I had to disconnect every device on my phone and reinstall, after that all my functionality came back.

It really isn't the IOS it's Infiniti with the inadequate system.

On maybe a little of both. Just never had to do this after a update.

But that's the way it is.

So everyone please delete and reinstall on both devices and you should be good.

Andy

GMBQ70
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q70 3.7 AWD

Malbec 56 Beast wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:18 pm
So I had to disconnect every device on my phone and reinstall, after that all my functionality came back.

So everyone please delete and reinstall on both devices and you should be good.

Andy

I did the same & the phone and Bluetooth Audio are both working again.

Thanks! :dblthumb:

kmiles
Sold - 2007 M35x

This was not an Infiniti problem - I have friends with a Subaru, Lexus and Hyundai that all had the same problem. It truly was "Apple strikes again". I sat out in the parking lot at lunch and did the same as the others. I had to forget the Bluetooth connection to the car on the iPhone and delete the phone on the Infiniti and then reinstall. All is working again, but what a pain. I had to go back in and re-setup all my favorites on the car. I tested it all on my drive to Seattle this morning and things were all working again. The only thing not working, is that the caller ID on the car no longer displays names, only the phone number. We'll see if that comes back with next Apple iOS update.

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

The latest update is supposed to address the bluetooth connectivity with vehicles issue.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

It was way too late to wait on.

Now it'll be interesting if the patch helps
Three caller ID used to function but hasn't in quite some time.

Andy

kmiles
Sold - 2007 M35x

My issues are now resolved, but it was painful to get there. The bluetooth in my car is now as good as it was before, but in order to get there I had to forget the car in bluetooth on my phone, delete the phone from both audio and phone bluetooth on the car and then start the pairing process over again. After pairing and downloading my contact list, I then had to go in and manually and setup up my "voice speed dials" all over again. I probably spent almost an hour redoing it all. I blame all of the issues 100% on Apple. Glad its fixed for another year. I'm sure they'll mess it all up again next year with their next IOS release.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”