Apexi World Dampers...anyone?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
TommyyJ

Just wanted to know if anyone had the apexi world dampers installed on their s14, opinions, thoughts...pics? i am lookin pretty hardcore into gettin em...thanks, much obliged

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Wow, I'd be pretty impressed if you got em. They're are pretty serious business. Let me know how they work out if you get em.

Nick.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Actually ApexI WS arent that serious, they are about the cheapest set i can find by a major company (ApexI, HKS, Tein, etc..) You can easily find them for less than 1000 and sometimes under 700. There was a guy from WA who had a set on his S13. He said that you needed to remove a piece before the install and he showed exactly what piece on his website. Too bad his website is gone now.

TommyyJ

i think so far the best price i found was a little over 800...tru they are the cheapest of the coil over/strut combination...but i do want the ability to lower and raise my car when i want, i had the ground controls before with tokico illumina struts on my older ford probe and the ride was rigorous...so im gonna stay away from em...thanks for the quick responses guys!

Nils
Car: road racing

TommyyJ wrote:i think so far the best price i found was a little over 800...tru they are the cheapest of the coil over/strut combination...but i do want the ability to lower and raise my car when i want, i had the ground controls before with tokico illumina struts on my older ford probe and the ride was rigorous...so im gonna stay away from em...thanks for the quick responses guys!

I *HIGHLY* recommend the TEIN HA coilovers. From a performance level they are bad a**.

take care,nils

SpeedRacer1

Just remember that if you buy Teins, dont buy the cheapest, get the set that would best suit your driving style, you dont necessarily need R series Teins, but if you intend on drifting alot then think about HE's. Or just check the websites of the manufacturers. We should make a list of all the coilovers kind of like a data sheet and have people who have them add their opinions to the sheet. We should definately do it with exhaust too there are way too many people who ask about the sound of their exhausts.

Nils

SpeedRacer1 wrote:Just remember that if you buy Teins, dont buy the cheapest, get the set that would best suit your driving style, you dont necessarily need R series Teins, but if you intend on drifting alot then think about HE's. Or just check the websites of the manufacturers. We should make a list of all the coilovers kind of like a data sheet and have people who have them add their opinions to the sheet. We should definately do it with exhaust too there are way too many people who ask about the sound of their exhausts.

ya.. I agree.

The HA's (which is what I have) are very aggressive street/track coilovers. The dampers are 16way adjustable, but, even the softest setting is still pretty stiff. One of my buddies have the RA's which is basically like the HA's but are made out of aluminum.

The cool thing is that Tein makes a kit (extra $$) that would allow you to tune your dampers in your cockpit as you are driving =)

Tein makes an massive amount of coilovers and the quality varies with price, so just keep that in mind.

-n

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Jesus, that supra is freakin SLAMMED. Looks nice, but the ride height is a bit low for my tastes.

Nick.

Nils

Zebrahead wrote:Jesus, that supra is freakin SLAMMED. Looks nice, but the ride height is a bit low for my tastes.

Nick.

lol.....

Nick.... I was going about 40mph in a long turn. If you would have taken the picture from the other side of the car it would have looked like a 4x4 ;)

Eventhough my car does sit low, the car does not sit that low when going in a straight line...

you can go to my site and see still pics.

take care,nils

orange_guy182

How about the N1 coilovers? Are they too extreme for the street or is it the price that hinders people?

SpeedRacer1

Almost any and all coilovers are gonna make the ride fairly harsh. The N1 is just like some of the other tuners primo coilovers comparable to the HKS Hipermax series or the Tein R- series. Of course if you were to compare all of these race coilovers then there are big differences, but all a daily driver needs to know is that they are overkill. Unless your that good a driver and know you would take anything less to the limits and beyond.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”