Apex Exhaust...Final Answer?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Reklaw

Hey guys, I'm buying an Apex exhaust and I need a final definitive answer. My plan is to go turbo over the next 18-24 months. Hopefully pushing 325-350 hp. Until then I'll be running NA. I've done the intake, and the header will come soon (I'll sell them when I'm done with them), not to mention the hi-flow cat.

So, do I buy the N1, Duel N1, or gSpec? (price is not an problem)

I've read that the Duel is more for NA cars (more restrictive). Is this true? I don't want to buy another exhaust when I build my KA24DET.

I've also heard that the N1 & gSpec hurt lowend on the NA car (piping too large).

And finally, I've heard that the Silencer helps performance when on the NA car (restricts the larger piping). Is this true as well?

I know most of the physics behind it all...large pipe, slow exhaust = badsmall pipe, slow exhaust = goodlarge pipe, fast exhaust = goodsmall pipe, fast exhaust = bad

but the two comments (duel being for NA and Silencer helping NA) threw me for a loop.

thanks guys!

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

The Gt-Spec will make you loose low end because it has like 95mm piping, the high end of your powerband will increase tho. The N1 dual increase mid and high rage on NA cars, and the N1 increases it on the high end. For your specific application if you plan on having relatively high horse power or high boost Gt-Spec is a good choice. That way you wont have to upgrade as your car improves in HP. Dont worry too much about low end. You will more than make up for it in high end HP and chances are it prolly wont even change your low end numbers.

Final = Apex'i GT-Spec Exhaust System

:squint

FrEaK

I forgot to mention.. Untill you get your tubo you may have to deal with a slight power loss.

:squint

Reklaw

I wanted to go that route, but I needed someone to give me a kick in the a** to get started. I'll just have to suffer the slight power loss for a while. Maybe it will get annoying enough that I start the turbo project early :D Thanks FrEak!

FrEaK

NP Anytime :squint

Bbill528
Car: Cars, running, skiing

What's your car look like? Ilive in charlotte, i might have seen it.

I H8 UR DSM

apexi GT spec.hks titaniumbuddy clubbee R

JinNjuicE

are there aftermarket downpipes that would fit the GT Spec exhaust? What about exhaust manifolds?

Daunttless

Any normal downpipe should line up with the GT spec so long as its made for the 240SX....

JinNjuicE

doesnt GT Spec use 3.74" piping? I thought even aftermarket downpipes were 3". Wouldn't you need a connector that goes from 3" to 3.74"? I was trying to ask if there were aftermarket downpipes and exhaust manifolds that are bigger than 3".

FrEaK

I dunno... but im sure that when APEx sells the system they have one already fabricated..

Reklaw

Hey Bbill528, I live on the north side. My car is the stock looking 1990 maroon hatchback. Oh, wait a minute, they all look like that :D Seriously, I just added my first mod...an Injen Intake. How about you?

Bbill528
Car: Cars, running, skiing

I live in South charlotte, I have yet to purchase my car, hopefully an s14.

SrSLeePeR

N1

I H8 UR DSM

JinNjuicE wrote:doesnt GT Spec use 3.74" piping? I thought even aftermarket downpipes were 3". Wouldn't you need a connector that goes from 3" to 3.74"? I was trying to ask if there were aftermarket downpipes and exhaust manifolds that are bigger than 3".
most likely you would just get a larger downpipe custom made...they do however make larger downpipes...Your downpipe does not directly go to your exhaust...downpipe to cat (or testpipe), then to exhaust...

Return to “240sx General Discussion”