Anything else

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
jefferson240
Car: soccer, cars

All this talk about the Sr20det switch, its only a 2.0 liter and sure with the right amount of boost and mods you can get it well above 200hp, but is it possible to through in anything beefy in there, someting that make the thing Roar?

SpeedFreak

With the right exhaust and bov it will scary even the most battle hardened. That motor is one of the most part friendly motors on the planet. The only motor that I can think of that is more advanced in that is the supra twin turbo motor.

Daunttless

Hehe, I wouldn't go so far as to say that, I mean, the RB series and what not probably ranks up there. : )

If by beefy you mean a larger motor, basically anything bigger takes custom work. You can put in a 300ZX engine, but too much work to make it worthwhile. The same with a skyline motor, you can put one in, but also with a lot of work and a big price tag. You can put in a 2jz but also with a lot of work and a pricetag. : ) Really you can put lots of motors in to any car, it just takes lots of work and a lot of money. It depends on how much you want to spend. Sure, the SR20 is only 2.0 litres, but with all the money you spend, you can make it really roar. : ) Plus, it will feel good to say, nope, thats an inline 4 that just raped your F-Body. : )

SpeedFreak

we think the same way bro. :)

Daunttless

Hehe, how fortunately for you to share the same opinions with someone as great as myself. =P

:icesangel

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

uhh... LS1 anyone?

InstantRice

domestic motors in a nissan sacreligious i say! If you got the cash that whole sr22det thing sounds nice. I would talk about the sr20vet(or whatever it is) but that thing makes me cringe thinking about it.

italianopride21

And remember...the engine isn't everything! You need aerodynamics, suspension, tire/wheel combo, and most importantly WEIGHT. You need the right combination of all those to make a car fast, and handle like a mother (just in case you see some flashing blue and red lights behind you :)

usuck

italianopride21 wrote:And remember...the engine isn't everything! You need aerodynamics, suspension, tire/wheel combo, and most importantly WEIGHT. You need the right combination of all those to make a car fast, and handle like a mother (just in case you see some flashing blue and red lights behind you :)
#1 requirement for going fast: driving experience.

anyone can drive a fast car fast, but only a fast driver can drive a slow car fast;)

italianopride21

I couldn't agree more! And I think you should know your car, and its limits. Thats why I don't like crate motors, if you didn't build it, you don't appreciate its value.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”