Anyone With Updates On Dinged Interior Door Panel?

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
cotandem
Car: Infiniti G37C

Just wondering if anyone has approached a dealer with concerns of the seatbelt gouging the interior door panel? Has anyone heard of a "fix" by Infiniti for this issue? Thanks

mjlenox
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible, Premier Edition

My drivers side door is gouged and ruined as well... by the seatbelt clip hitting it when closing the door. I strongly suggest everyone be careful of this. I am bummed that my beautiful Premier Edition interior isn't perfect anymore.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

cotandem wrote:Just wondering if anyone has approached a dealer with concerns of the seatbelt gouging the interior door panel? Has anyone heard of a "fix" by Infiniti for this issue? Thanks
Certainly sounds like a design flaw that would cause/allow this to occur.What has your dealer said about this?

Mine isnt damaged yet but it is likely just a matter of time...

cotandem
Car: Infiniti G37C

Detailed below is the response from my dealership service dept. re seatbelt/door ding issue:

"As for the seat belt, Infiniti does know about it, but I have yet to hear any resolution for the concern. I just know for the time being you must be mindful when closing the doors.

If I hear more on the seat belt, I will let you know promptly!"

Nonna
Car: Infiniti G37 09 convertible

I have a brand new G37 convertible and it has a dent in the inner door panel. Realized that the seat belt in a certain position lines up and dents the door panel. I am going to call my dealership and complain. That should not happen. Hope he contacts Infiniti. Never saw anything like this!

cospringsco
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 convertible

I had door panel damage within 2 weeks of buying the car. My Dealer took very good care of me (Red Noland in Colo Springs). Infiniti sent a replacement panel immediately. I'm not sure why the damage happens. I am afraid that it will happen again as I plan to own the car a long time. One thing to watch is moving the seat back with the door closed and the seatbelt not fastened.

If you have damage, take it to the dealer and request a fix! Infiniti will hopefully resolve this issue if enough of us make some noise.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I bought a pair of seatbelt shoulder covers that moves the seatbelt connector down...Might be a better option.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”